whats butler like

jonandsarah

Guest Guest26012
What's butler like... Well if you've never been to Australia imagine this.... In the UK we have wimpey homes.. Now picture thousands of these homes side by side, mile after mile.. No shops,pubs,restraunts In between.. Just house after house after house. And then the odd park here and there. Your 45km out of the city and absolutely nothing to do up there unless you want to spend your entire life on a beach or a lifeless park. As for joondalup 20 minutes down the road .... A shopping center with what I can only describe as a place where all the shops are like peacocks in the UK. God it's awful in there.

I shall never shop there again now! Thanks for the info!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest26012
The new Balga as the Aussies describe it!

What, ALL the Ozzies that live here? As I said, you're the expert so I'll listen to you in future.

Guest Guest26012
Ive yet to meet an Aussie that lives in Butler yet as all the ones i know work

And in my 5 years in Perth and 3 years in Butler lots do, now I'm the expert! What b.....s you talk! Now you're insulting again! But as I said, you've lived here for so long, you'd know! Lets all applaud the expert! Now hurry up with your reply cos I'm on nights tonight in a hospital looking after all the chavs that live in the northern burbs!

Guest Guest26012
Ive yet to meet an Aussie that lives in Butler yet as all the ones i know work

Have you swallowed some parrot seed?

And in my 5 years in Perth and 3 years in Butler lots do, now I'm the expert! What b.....s you talk! Now you're insulting again! But as I said, you've lived here for so long, you'd know! Lets all applaud the expert! Now hurry up with your reply cos I'm on nights tonight in a hospital looking after all the chavs that live in the northern burbs!

According to the 2011 census 51.26% of Butler residents were born in Australia which would appear to support your statement :smile:

Guest Guest26012
According to the 2011 census 51.26% of Butler residents were born in Australia which would appear to support your statement :smile:

Never looked at stats ff, but thanks for that. I know because I live here. I'll ask my Ozzie neighbours if they work when they return from off shore and the mines lol!

Guest Guest26012
That was when it was 50% homes west houses now because more houses have been built its only 20%

Why are you so hung up on this area? Can I be RUDE and ask where you live?

Guest Guest26012
I am not hung up on the area you are!! I am just letting people know what Butlers like from an unbiased opinion.

I live in Armadale

Ffs! Armadale? I wouldn't even drive through there! It's an awful area! You obviously haven't been here long!

Lol! I am winding you up i posted previously in this thread where I live and why I choose to live there and not somewhere like Butler. Bit rich of you being snobby about another area though after the comments you have been making about myself and some others who don't like butler on this thread!

Double standards springs to mind.........

Guest Guest26012
Lol! I am winding you up i posted previously in this thread where I live and why I choose to live there and not somewhere like Butler. Bit rich of you being snobby about another area though after the comments you have been making about myself and some others who don't like butler on this thread!

Double standards springs to mind.........

youre so funny! No double standards here I was giving my opinion on where I thought you lived! Never lived there so base my opinions on what I've heard, bit like you really?

Ffs! Armadale? I wouldn't even drive through there! It's an awful area! You obviously haven't been here long!

Armadale is a long established burb. It is a mixed bag with some very decent property. Rather dramatic saying you wouldn't drive through there.

You know where you are now in Yanchep the question was many years ago if the sand there would sustain the building of housing....Some thought it worthless land.

So its OK for you to say bad things about Armadale but nobody can say that Butler is a bad choice of suburb? I am sure somebody who lives in Armadale will be along just now and will get all defensive about your comment. You are being snobby about Armadale. Although i must admit i would probably choose Butler over Armadale myself.

Guest Guest26012
Armadale is a long established burb. It is a mixed bag with some very decent property. Rather dramatic saying you wouldn't drive through there.

You know where you are now in Yanchep the question was many years ago if the sand there would sustain the building of housing....Some thought it worthless land.

Yanchep?

Guest Guest26012

I wouldn't drive through there just like you wouldn't live in butler? What's the difference?

Guest Guest26012
So its OK for you to say bad things about Armadale but nobody can say that Butler is a bad choice of suburb? I am sure somebody who lives in Armadale will be along just now and will get all defensive about your comment. You are being snobby about Armadale. Although i must admit i would probably choose Butler over Armadale myself.

Of corse it's ok for me to say that! I live in butler so I will get defensive on my area! You were slagging off butler making sweeping statements that the Ozzies that live here don't work? And what do you base that on? Opinion by any chance? Or can you produce facts to back that up, cos you're the expert! And if someone who lives in Armadale comes along then that's fine! Why did you quote Armadale by the way? I suspect it's because you knew it was not a great area? So that's ok for you to do that then?

Guest Guest26012
The Butler estate would have been part of Yanchep before the name Butler( strange name) was devised.

Were nowhere near Yanchep colinmacl (strange name).