whats butler like

jonandsarah

Guest Guest26012
No point getting defensive, if you like it that is all that matters. Its not the kind of place I would live for the reasons I gave but for others it is perfect. With any of these things opinions will be totally polarised.

I was just offended that he thought we came from a high rise council flat in the uk? Dreadful assumption!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing about this type of post someone will always be insulted! I don't think Butler is a place where you cant walk the streets at night but i also don't think its very appealing and there are loads of better suburbs in my opinion but as i said its all down to personal opinion. The main reason i don't like it is its to far away from anywhere, I lived in Mindarie when i first arrived and felt the same about there unless you consider Joondaloup as being the centre of the world. I could say don't live in Balga or Mirabooka or Armadale and someone will come along and go nuts about it!

Guest chris955
I was just offended that he thought we came from a high rise council flat in the uk? Dreadful assumption!

I think that sort of thing is more of a figure of speech to be fair. If you dont like the look of somewhere you assume you have to have come from somewhere bad to see the appeal.

Guest Guest26012
That's the thing about this type of post someone will always be insulted! I don't think Butler is a place where you cant walk the streets at night but i also don't think its very appealing and there are loads of better suburbs in my opinion but as i said its all down to personal opinion. The main reason i don't like it is its to far away from anywhere, I lived in Mindarie when i first arrived and felt the same about there unless you consider Joondaloup as being the centre of the world. I could say don't live in Balga or Mirabooka or Armadale and someone will come along and go nuts about it!

Fair enough but I was just offended about the high rise council comment! Rant over lol!

I think that sort of thing is more of a figure of speech to be fair. If you dont like the look of somewhere you assume you have to have come from somewhere bad to see the appeal.

Yes exactly and that's not me saying that every one who lives in a council estate is bad either as i know fine well they ain't and i have lived in one myself in the past!

Guest Guest26012

I know. I just want to give a balanced view for potential migrants! I'm calm now lol! We have sold the house cos we are building nearer the beach but I like butler lol!

Guest Guest26012
Yes exactly and that's not me saying that every one who lives in a council estate is bad either as i know fine well they ain't and i have lived in one myself in the past!

Just watch your bloody figure of speeches lol! I bit, and I don't bite often!

Guest chris955
I know. I just want to give a balanced view for potential migrants! I'm calm now lol! We have sold the house cos we are building nearer the beach but I like butler lol!

We were friendly with a couple in Brisbane who lived in Woodridge, now Woodridge is the suburb from hell to most people but these 2 seemed to like it although they couldnt afford to move. Ironically they then had the neighbours from hell move in so they ended up having to move, sideways not up.

Very much agree. The original poster wanted views on the suburb and has them. Obviously some must like it to live there.I wouldn't live in Butler myself but like wise others wouldn't pick the inner city,where I live. Little point getting defensive about one's burb.

Don't care from Armadale either but an immigrant family I know appear very happy with their choice.

We can al only speak from personal preference.

Guest Guest26012
am getting fed up aw getting cad jock and ither names ats me gan awa an am never coming bac:mad:

Awww! Dummy and pram comes ta mind!:wink:

Guest Guest26012
Very much agree. The original poster wanted views on the suburb and has them. Obviously some must like it to live there.I wouldn't live in Butler myself but like wise others wouldn't pick the inner city,where I live. Little point getting defensive about one's burb.

Don't care from Armadale either but an immigrant family I know appear very happy with their choice.

We can al only speak from personal preference.

Thats ok as long as we have a balanced view! I was reacting to a comment in regards to comparing people living in butler likened to coming from a high rise council flat in the uk! That gives the impression that we live in an area that to us, is fab, cos we came from an awful place in the uk. Yes, there is a point in getting defensive about ones suburb! When it's painted as a bad place then I will get defensive. Yes it's my perception but I will defend it on a public forum to potential migrants!

Guest Guest26012
Perhaps you could tell me what he said ?

He didn't like me calling him a jock! But he didn't really, he's my buddy lol!