getting ahpra registration and then returning to the UK

Laurenx

I have my eligibility letter which i need to complete by going in person to the office, i planned to do this in August and start work on a 457 visa ( in process), however my current job has just offered me promotion in a new unit and i was thinking that i may put off Oz for a year..can i go to Australia on holiday this year, verify my registration and then return to work in the UK..then when i go to apply for jobs in Australia in 12-18 months time i will still be registered and ready to start?? Would that work out ok? I definitely still want to go to Australia and was really looking forward to it but now this opportunity has come up at home, i feel i should take this and go Oz next year, however if that would not be possible i will just carry on with my initial plan of moving to Australia this summer.

Thanks for any info :)

i don't have an address in Australia if that makes any difference..could i give a hotel address or similar?..also is there a yearly fee the same as NMC registration? and would that be straightforward enough to pay from UK..thanks :)..again