Hey im heading over to oz in august with a working holiday visa and by that stage i will have completed 4 years of college stydying Information Technology. I will be going there to start my career and not a holiday. I was just wondering what my best options are in order to be able to stay longer then the year? i know all about getting the second working visa but im hoping to move there indefinatly. Like is it common to get sponsored when over there with the working visa. Sorry about this but looking on http://www.immi.gov.au/ is a bit of a nightmare.... any help would be great thanks!!!

Yes it is very hard to gain sponsorship. What you have to remember is that for a company to sponsor, they have to establish that the reason they are doing so is because there are no Australians available to do your job. There are plenty of IT grads coming out of uni. Also, it is very hard for people on a WHV to get a role in a "profession" as you are only able to work for an employer for 6 months. So, companies are loathe to employ you as a grad as it's not worth putting you on a grad training course.

Also, whereas people have been able to get visas with no skills assessments before, they are changing more and more visas to need them. There is an election soon and both sides seem to be trying to make it harder for sponsorship. My personal opinion is that they will make skills assessments mandatory fairly soon. You are unlikely to pass a skills assessment without work experience.

I came on a whv and had to leave. It took eight years to get back.

Also, whereas people have been able to get visas with no skills assessments before, they are changing more and more visas to need them. There is an election soon and both sides seem to be trying to make it harder for sponsorship. My personal opinion is that they will make skills assessments mandatory fairly soon. You are unlikely to pass a skills assessment without work experience.

I came on a whv and had to leave. It took eight years to get back.

I agree the writing is on the wall for skills assessment for 457.