More Jobs in Canberra or Perth ?

Hello friend,

This is my first post, And i think i am on right forum to get answers of my questions.

I am coming Australia to study Master in Business Informatics ( Related to Finance+IT ) in University of Canberra. I have'nt got admission yet, its will be soon in process. I want to know, Which City offer more jobs to students ?

1) Canberra ?

2) Perth ?

or

3) Brisbane ?

And please also let me know, About the expenses of each city, which is cheaper and better to live and study !!! :skeptical:

You should contact your University to find out about postgraduate employment. No one here can tell you what the cost of living will be in 3-4 years time or what jobs will be available.

If you are seeking a Government position in your chosen field then Canberra would be ideal. I believe that Canberra is also the cheapest place to live at this point in time but be aware that cheapest does not mean cheap. Australia has become a very expensive place to live.

Except that almost all public service jobs (particularly Federal) require you to be an Australian citizen.

I wouldn't recommend Canberra as a good place for jobs for an overseas student as you won't be eligible for 95% of those on offer.

Most Business/IT job are in Sydney and Melbourne. That's where all the big banks and telcos are located.

It'll be a long time before you need to consider permanent employment and on a student visa there is no guarantee that you will get permanent residence anyway so you could be looking anywhere in the world for your first postgrad job. For casual work as a student, Perth is bigger so probably has more scope by virtue of its size but Canberra's students seem to get jobs when they need them.

It'll be a long time before you need to consider permanent employment and on a student visa there is no guarantee that you will get permanent residence anyway so you could be looking anywhere in the world for your first postgrad job. For casual work as a student, Perth is bigger so probably has more scope by virtue of its size but Canberra's students seem to get jobs when they need them.

Brother, thNks for the reply, But i want to know, Can I get Odd jobs in start while studying like, Pizza Dilver boy, or on Some Store etc, ODD JOBS DURING MY STUDY in canberra ? is it canberra good to get these jobs easily ?

Brother, thNks for the reply, But i want to know, Can I get Odd jobs in start while studying like, Pizza Dilver boy, or on Some Store etc, ODD JOBS DURING MY STUDY in canberra ? is it canberra good to get these jobs easily ?

There are always ads in windows for casual staff - pizza driver, Subway maker etc there is also a student employment service IIRC (ANU definitely has one) so you should be ok for something.