Evidence of relationship... You cant be serious!

scotexpat

We now have a case officer 1 year after we started the process. Now our case officer has said we have until 11th April or our case will be closed!!!!! Like you get to drag your feet and we cant.

So… We are a same sex couple together 13 years given DIAC everything to prove we have been together since date dot! Now we came over to Australia in June 2012 I’m on a WHV partner on a tourist visa so we can settle in or at least try before you buy.

Our case officer has asked us for evidence we have been together since living in Australia. So since the other half does not have a job, we only have a house lease agreement with his name and mine on it plus joint bank statements to prove he has lived at the same address as me. Whereas I have payslips, speeding fines, WA Drivers licence, RAC Cover, Bank Statements and other crap.

Guest GeorgeD

Joint lease and joint bank statements are actually pretty good pieces of evidence. As a tourist it would be difficult to get more official types of evidence.

Does your CO have that evidence yet and they are looking for more?

Our migration agent has this information but she call late lastnight or all tings to say... its not enough i need more evidence from Aug 12 - Jan 13 or the case officer wont accept it.

I'm my agent calls me at night time just to stress me out! I had hoped the CO would understand that he is a tourist and that it is impossible to get more evidence other than bank statements. Their crazy!

Cheers George

Guest GeorgeD

Do you have receipts from your landlord for your rent payments?

In our last rental the property managers just saved up all the receipts and gave us them at the end of our lease...basically a small piece of paper every two weeks with both our names on it as the lease was in joint names. Could you get these? It's fine to say you have signed a joint lease, but if the receipt also confirms both names and is dated on a weeky, or mnthly basis during that period it may help.

its a good idea. Funny thing is and this is no joke. My landlord went to Bali, Came off his motorbike and is now like a 10 year old child in Royal Perth for the past 6 months. I'll try to make contact with his father and see if he can help. It was a private let we had.

You seriously couldn't make this up lol

How about car insurance in both your names at the same address? Phone contracts maybe? Even if you have things like Christmas or birthday cards with the date stamped envelopes still (I'm a horder lol). Has your partner registered for Medicare?

What visa are you applying for? It does seem rather over the top when you have been together so long.

How about car insurance in both your names at the same address? Phone contracts maybe? Even if you have things like Christmas or birthday cards with the date stamped envelopes still (I'm a horder lol). Has your partner registered for Medicare?

What visa are you applying for? It does seem rather over the top when you have been together so long.

We are applying for State sponsorship (190 visa) it could just be a difficult case officer or an over active Agent.we ahve some stuff but not alot here to prove anything.

The stupid thing is, if you can prove 13 years together then if you have had to be separated for a little bit while visas are sorted it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Assuming you came in on the same flight I would go for flight itineraries, travel insurance, copies of passport stamps etc too.

I'm assuming the reason you both didn't get whv was an age thing? In which case a bloody long letter about how you wanted to 'taste' Australia before getting your visa, this was the only way, although not working, still both very much together bla bla bla. Then add in some cheesy holiday snaps of the two of you over the years, up until now. I can't imagine any co refusing it when you have been together for so long.

My agent was a little worried about evidence of my marriage, even though we had had two visas in the past an never been asked for any more proof than our marriage cert. We did the extra cheesy letter, along with photos (doing neighbours tour etc, to show just how cheesy we were lol). Along with all the sort of stuff you have. I really think you would have to be fine.

I was thinking along the same lines as Blossom79 and sending them anything and everything to prove that you have been together during that time. I am also thinking, do you have neighbours? Can they confirm that you have been a couple and living together during the period that they are after? Has your employer met your OH? Can they confirm this? I would go through all old papers and see what you can dig out.

As you say, it sounds absurd that you have been together for so long and then asked to prove the last few months, but you cannot argue with them. I sympathise when you say about the long wait and then everything is a mad rush.

Best of Luck.

My partner and I went through the same process with an 820 visa although didn't bother with an agent. You do have to be careful with this kind of thing, don't just assume that the migration agent is crazy. A friend of ours visa was cancelled and she had to leave the country because DIAC somehow found out her relationship ended 8 weeks before her visa became permanent!

Evidence of your relationship doesn't have to be official correspondence from companies. Do you contact each other throughout the day? text messages and phone calls? emails and facebook messages? Print them out and use it as evidence, send phone bills highlighting your calls and texts to each other, you can even print off emails and things like that. Have you taken a flight anywhere in OZ during your stay here? Find the booking email and use that - it will have your names on it. Also, if there are any photos of the both of you with an obviously Australian background you can use that too.

Good Luck!