Irish family North Brisbane

hi my husband is already working in Dalby and i shall moving out in about July time, and stopping with a friend until all our belongings arrive, which will be about october time, so if you are still interested we can meet. our children are all grown up so me and hubby moving.

Hi Emmalouise

We moved here from Ireland about 14 months ago. We have 2 daughters, 6 & 3 years old and live in North Lakes. If you want to meet up for a tea or coffee some day just send me a private message?

Olivia

Hi there, I think there is a facebook group called new2northside or something like that - maybe try and find them and see about meeting up for coffee. Quite a few UK people around North Lakes so just keep your eyes tuned for the accents and introduce yourself maybe, that has worked for me a few times. Good luck

Hi Emmalouise

Tried to send you private message the other day but it bounced back as system said you weren't set up to receive private messages. I'm not on Facebook so can't add you there. You can't post e-mail addresses or phone numbers on the general forums. Maybe try changing your membership settings on here so you can receive messages.

Olivia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Friend Sue (she arrived Sept 12) and I do 3 monthly migrant get-togethers. Next one will be Saturday 27 July, 2pm til you have to go, Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard (behind Bounty Boulevard School), North Lakes. BYO everything: food, drinks, chairs. Free bbq on site. Also kids' play area, fenced off-lease dog area, huge playing field - but you might already have found it?!

Just turn up - you'd be very welcome.