'Hire A Migrant' & 'FreeSpirit'

Guest cantwait

Guest cantwait

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with either of the above companies? They both seem to offer what appear to be helpful services to would be migrants if they really do produce what they promise. I know they are both showing at various Expos coming up soon so any info you could provide on either of them would be appreciated. If they are for real, then they seem to give a solution to the problems of people needing sponsorship - or am I gettin the wrong end of the stick? :unsure:

Thanks

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi

See billy braveheart''s reply to a recent thread about freespirit. Just type freespirit into the search option.

Janette

Haven't the rules changed to stop them doing this? :unsure:

AFAIK, you had to find a job and then Freespirit would become the sponsor and obviously take a cut. This could've allowed a lot of underhand tactics by getting people in who wouldn't normally be allowed.

Call it online people smuggling! :biglaugh:

Guest MERVBENG

I work literally downstairs from Freespirit in Melbourne, they have large professional looking office. They do take a cut of course but it is a good way into the country if required and they sort out visa etc. They will be sponsoring the recruitment positions I have previously advertised, they come recommended form my recruitment friend.

Guest Mrs Braveheart
I work literally downstairs from Freespirit in Melbourne, they have large professional looking office. They do take a cut of course but it is a good way into the country if required and they sort out visa etc. They will be sponsoring the recruitment positions I have previously advertised, they come recommended form my recruitment friend.

Hi

Taking a cut from someones pay packet before they even get there wages IMO sounds very dodgy. No wonder they have large professional offices. Sorry wasn't for us when we looked into them:nah:

Janette

Guest MERVBENG

This very normal in my industry IT. If you are a contractor like me you are likely to be charge to your client for $200-300 per day above what you get paid. Therefore if you take a $1000 a day job you can expect to be charge at $1300 to your client. Freespirit seem to work on a similar model - it is the accept norm in this industry anyway - not that it make it any easy to see them getting $300 a day for sometimes up to a year for doing nothing

except paying you once a month

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Yes normal for recruitment agencies to do this for jobs not visas you are recruitment agents not migration agents. But as I say just my opinion. If you look at Gill's post from a registered migratition agent in this thread it seems to me what they are doing is illegal.

Janette

Guest cantwait

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your replies. I don't know if you are aware (or even interested!!) but hireamigrant are showing at one of the expos that are coming up - the London one on 1st and 2nd March.

Hi

Taking a cut from someones pay packet before they even get there wages IMO sounds very dodgy. No wonder they have large professional offices. Sorry wasn't for us when we looked into them:nah:

Janette

Its only the same as Manpower did here in the UK back in the 90's ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived