craigyboy

489 chance of an EOI invite on the 18th March

Hi all,

i have lodged a 489 EOI family sponsored last week. I was unfortunately refused a 189 Independant, on the basis that the DIAC would not recognise my prior graduation experience, which had the effect of losing 10

valuable points. As stated, I have picked myself up and lodged the 489 visa which my agents says gives me 65 points. What are my chances of an invite on the 18th

March? Thank you in advance.

Hopefully you will have a good chance to be invited. The 4 March Report has been published and more people with 60 points were invited than with higher points. They were suppose to send 50 invites, but only invited 43, so seems there was less people wanting 489 than there was invitations, for the occupations that they were inviting? Difficult to know exactly but looking at the results, I would hope you should receive an invite.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2013-03-04/

Hopefully you will have a good chance to be invited. The 4 March Report has been published and more people with 60 points were invited than with higher points. They were suppose to send 50 invites, but only invited 43, so seems there was less people wanting 489 than there was invitations, for the occupations that they were inviting? Difficult to know exactly but looking at the results, I would hope you should receive an invite.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2013-03-04/

labourvelec let's retrain and start our own migration agency lol Xx

labourvelec let's retrain and start our own migration agency lol Xx

Craig, keeping everything crossed for you Hon. I don't think you will be waiting long, but totally understandable that you are feeling very anxious after what you have been through Lorraine x

IELTS 02/12 = 9's, AQF III 31/05/12, TRA Ass 14/11/12, EOI Submitted 14/11/12, Invite Received 15/11/12, 489 FS Lodged 29/11/12, CO Assigned 01/01/13, Meds 17/01/13 Grant 02/04/2013 189 Independent Visa Invitation 22/04/13, VISA GRANT 01/05/13

Arrived in Perth 09/10/13

Craig, keeping everything crossed for you Hon. I don't think you will be waiting long, but totally understandable that you are feeling very anxious after what you have been through Lorraine x

Appreciate that Candygirl: my migration agent wants me to wait and let him fill in the new EOI. I've done it myself and submitted it so that I'm in with a chance of lodging another EOI. Fingers crossed.

There's some great info here in this thread and I wish everyone the best of luck. I would really appreciate it if someone could post a link as to how to find these reports you guys are talking about though please? I have only managed to find one and would love to see how the occupational ceiling is looking for teachers and could I ask opinions on which visa people think I should go for: a 190 or 489? I have plenty of points but wonder which state sponsorship is most likely to be successful? I am aware one is regional but I do actually want to do that regardless. Any help and opinions greatly appreciated.

hi craigyboy,

I am about to get my EOI done for 489 too. It's the same family sponsor like you but i've only scored 60 points. Do update us if you get selected on the up coming invite on the 18th March! Good luck mate :)

Not to put a downer on this, but didn't immigration announce 2/3 months ago that they had already just about reached the years limit for the family sponsored 489?

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Not to put a downer on this, but didn't immigration announce 2/3 months ago that they had already just about reached the years limit for the family sponsored 489?

Ignore that, I can't find a link anywhere.

This was for Cat 5 applicants.

Yes dont worry about this - by the time your visa is ready to grant, it will probably be in the new program year after 1 July. With the current time frames.

This was for Cat 5 applicants.

Yes dont worry about this - by the time your visa is ready to grant, it will probably be in the new program year after 1 July. With the current time frames.

Cool, I was beginning to think I was going mad lol.