Brisbane Queen Street Mall evacuated as alleged gun man apprehended!

paisleylass

Phew! About 2 hours ago there was a tannoy announcement in my work building advising that people avoid the Queen Street area due to an 'incident', followed by another announcing that the building was locked down! Of course we all started checking the news sites and learnt that a shirtless, tattoo-ed guy was roaming around yelling and brandishing a gun. Eventually he was shot at and taken away by ambulance with non life threatening injuries, and at work we were 'freed' to get our lunches!

Scary stuff, guess there will be all kinds kicking off next year leading to G20, good to see the police doing their job well!

Guest GeorgeD

We had staff going to the CBD to custoer sites earlier but couldn't get near it due to all the road closures. Amazing that nodoby was injured.

Phew! About 2 hours ago there was a tannoy announcement in my work building advising that people avoid the Queen Street area due to an 'incident', followed by another announcing that the building was locked down! Of course we all started checking the news sites and learnt that a shirtless, tattoo-ed guy was roaming around yelling and brandishing a gun. Eventually he was shot at and taken away by ambulance with non life threatening injuries, and at work we were 'freed' to get our lunches!

Scary stuff, guess there will be all kinds kicking off next year leading to G20, good to see the police doing their job well!

Same for me, we're on Queen Street, and were told to evacuate, even though we have a restricted floor in our building therefore no-one without a pass can get in, still told to get out. Made for an interesting lunch break though.

Next time I might not venture near Milano, as we could see him running under the cover at the Myer Centre..Mental