Mancinperth

2nd stage de facto visa requirements

Hi all,

This is my first time on here however I've read a few threads and you seem like a friendly bunch so thought I'd try and seek some help.

My second stage application for my de facto visa is due in Sep 2013 and I'm starting to worry already! Not for any major reasons...or so I thought but because I am a natural worrier.

Anyway, my reasons for looking for some advice are because my partner and I are very financially independent and although we live together the house belongs to him (I couldn't go on a mortgage anyway with my temp residency status) his family have also invested in it (it's a new build) so rightfully nothing is in my name but his alone, with his brother as the beneficiary.

As this house has taken 2 years to complete, we have had no travel together within the last 18months and really not done much as its taken a toll on us (mainly him) financially and he's exhausted working a full time job and building a house.

Whilst all our bills go to the same address and we have things like joint gym membership etc financially that's where it ends!!

I thought this was a fairly normal set up, however I called my immigration agent last week for a check list in advance and she was horrified to learn that we don't financially rely on each other?? She told me in all the 13 years she's been an agent she has never heard of this???

im really frightened now as this is the dynamics of our relationship!! It's taken me 31 years to find a man who accepts me as an independent woman that doesn't need him for anything other than the fact I love him and want to spend my life with him and he feels the same, in the sense that I am supportive of his achievements and assets without having to have a claim on them.

Can anyone help me by letting me know what has been asked of them at the second stage? I am really nervous that we will have to start changing our relationship dynamics purely for immigration to see us a serious and committed couple!!

We did rent a house from Oct 2011-April 2012 so we have paperwork to cover that period too.

PS I have viewed a few links on this subject however nothing seems to be recent, 2010 is the last I could find?? I wanted to know if there is any recent experiences!! Thanks for any help :)

Finally someone that's in the same boat as myself! My husband and I are financially independent and there are no household bills to my name though I contribute. I also like you ave all my bils and so on registered to ths address but that's it! I've been told that should be sufficient and so long as you've been together longer than 3 years u should be ok.

Im sure someone who knows more can come here and help. I've not even put my application in and I'm worried, at least your halfway there! Good luck

Wow, your agent has lead a sheltered life! I have known a fair few people over the years who have been financially independent of each other.

Can you show payments to his account to cover bills etc? Tax returns at the same address, car insurance with named drivers etc. Pay slips with the same address. Drivers licences etc. When you start thinking there are quite a lot of things to show you are living at the same address at least.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Finally someone that's in the same boat as myself! My husband and I are financially independent and there are no household bills to my name though I contribute. I also like you ave all my bils and so on registered to ths address but that's it! I've been told that should be sufficient and so long as you've been together longer than 3 years u should be ok.

Im sure someone who knows more can come here and help. I've not even put my application in and I'm worried, at least your halfway there! Good luck

Thank god for that!! Thanks for replying!!

Well just to give you a run down, I came on a working visa and moved into his rented unit. After the 6 months we moved in with his parents to save money (me for the visa and him for the house) so no bills whatsoever! All I had to submit was photos, cards, bills & bank statements to the same address and stat decs, oh and I was insured on his car.

We submitted the day before my working visa expired so we were really pushing it but that was the earliest we could submit at the 12 months in the same country mark.

You guys are married though right so you'll be fine I'm sure!

I couldn't believe my immigration agents response, I mean seriously how many people have joint bank accounts these days? She was implying that I was being wrongly done by my partner because I was 'entitled' to his things?? Well actually I earn more than him and own properties in the UK so neither one of us needs the others money!!! perhaps we will combine some finances when we have children but we don't yet!

I know my partner and I are the extreme of independent but for me...that only shows how genuine our relationship is because it is based on love and not because we 'need' the other to pay the bills!!

Its very frustrating isn't it, but I believe if you explain your dynamics in your stat dec then you should cover yourself.

I understand there has to be a check list however I believe that anyone with any sense will understand that relationships come in all shapes and sizes!!

Good luck and hopefully we can get some help on here too :)

Wow, your agent has lead a sheltered life! I have known a fair few people over the years who have been financially independent of each other.

Can you show payments to his account to cover bills etc? Tax returns at the same address, car insurance with named drivers etc. Pay slips with the same address. Drivers licences etc. When you start thinking there are quite a lot of things to show you are living at the same address at least.

Yeah that's what I think too!!

We have bank statements, (separate thought) pay slips, tax returns, gym memberships.

I have a company car so he's not on it, and we never thought about putting me on his insurance because quite frankly...I'm a crap driver and wouldn't dare drive his tank of a car!! Haha!

Thanks for your help!! I really appreciate everyone helping :)

Hi guys, I've just received my paperwork for the second stage (100) defacto spouse visa. I imagine you have done all the paperwork in the Uk (big file of evidence). The second part seams too easy. All we have to do is a stat dec from me, and one from my partner (sponsor) and do a AFP police check, that is it!

Hope it helps

Up to stage 2 waiting for the 100 visa to be sorted !!!Loving the aussie life

Hi guys, I've just received my paperwork for the second stage (100) defacto spouse visa. I imagine you have done all the paperwork in the Uk (big file of evidence). The second part seams too easy. All we have to do is a stat dec from me, and one from my partner (sponsor) and do a AFP police check, that is it!

Hope it helps

That really does help!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I hope that really is how simple it is, I nearly had a nervous breakdown for the first stage!!! But then I do tend to over react haha!!

Guest GeorgeD

Hope it helps

I was granted my Second Stage PR in October...Police Check, applicant and sponsor's stat Decs and copies of ID...that's the lot. Nowhere near as in depth as the first phase!

I was granted my Second Stage PR in October...Police Check, applicant and sponsor's stat Decs and copies of ID...that's the lot. Nowhere near as in depth as the first phase!

Awesome!! I feel so much better hearing this from you guys who have actually gone through it!

I just want to check, did you submit the first part here in Aus or the UK? I've done it all in Aus so just checking it's the same for all!

Thanks so much for helping me, I'm sure you all know the pressure a visa can put on you so I really appreciate the support :))))

My application was done in the uk. Are you on a 309 visa at the moment to move to a 100 visa ?? If so the paperwork would just be the same

Up to stage 2 waiting for the 100 visa to be sorted !!!Loving the aussie life

Guest GeorgeD

I was Offshore (309) for the first and living in Oz for the second. A guy in my office was on the 820 Onshore Visa and his 2nd stage was the same as mine. He did his this time last year.

Hi Mancinperth

I was waiting for my paperwork for the second stage to arrive in February this year. It didn't. So called Immigration only to be told that the paperwork was sent in December 2012! So they sent me a link via email and I downloaded and printed off the paperwork. I was concerned about this 60 days response but to be honest I just worked on getting all the certificates and stat decs.

REQUIREMENTS

Stat Dec - you

Stat Dec - partner

Form 888 or stat decs from PR or Citizens of Australia x2 minimum.

Any bills in joint names - I sent a joint bank statement, copy of rental agreement, copy of an electricity bill in his name with notes on it that bill is split between us, some copies of invites from friends for parties and weddings, (nothing else). Anything that backs up what you have written in your personal stat decs.

My UK police certificate - original

AFP Police certificate - original

All stat decs have copies (most certified) of passports/driving licence.

(Only one stat dec without a certified copy as its too expensive to do in the UK).

The UK police cert took the longest as I didnt have a uk cheque here with me in Australia and had to get a relative to pay for it for me.

Name/address on reply letter to let me know paperwork received.

There's a 3 page sheet at the front that you have to complete and sign also. This must go on the front of your paperwork. (It gives you the order in which to place things). Don't staple or clip etc.

I have just sent via registered post to the Brisbane office, as I originally did my 309 offshore in the UK.

I have also set up a VEVO (see immi site) so I don't have to keep checking the post box ! I really hope that works for me.

Now I guess I have to wait.

Hope this information helps you and anyone else. As said before there is hardly any paperwork to do.

BEGal

Edited by BrownEyedGal
spelling

Oh just re-read your post. I am wondering why you need an migration agent?

I did everything myself. As stage 2 is not so difficult, maybe you can do it yourself and save money and negative opinions!

As far as I am aware you dont need everything in joint names. The only thing we have in joint names is our joint bank account. Everything else we explained in the stat dec.

BEGal

Oh just re-read your post. I am wondering why you need an migration agent?

I did everything myself. As stage 2 is not so difficult, maybe you can do it yourself and save money and negative opinions!

As far as I am aware you dont need everything in joint names. The only thing we have in joint names is our joint bank account. Everything else we explained in the stat dec.

BEGal

Hey, thanks for responding!

I got a migration agent for the first stage as I found all the info conflicting and confusing! I was on a working holiday visa also and needed to extend my working rights so felt it best to pay the extra and get them to help me! I kind of wish I didn't pay the extra $3k for them now as I did the entire thing myself pretty much anyway and submitted the day before my working visa expired so would have gotten the working rights anyway!

From the sounds of it, you've had to submit more than others? Although still no where near as much as stage 1!

Its a relief to hear that it's no where near as in depth as the first stage though and I can stop panicking now I think!!

Thanks again and good luck with your 2nd stage :)

Hey no probs

I don't think others have actually listed in full all the things you need to do..so maybe it seems more? Yep the UK police thing was the hardest. Good luck and keep us posted.

Guest GeorgeD
Hey no probs

I don't think others have actually listed in full all the things you need to do..so maybe it seems more? Yep the UK police thing was the hardest. Good luck and keep us posted.

I wasn't asked for any evidence at all. Zero. No bills, nothing. Also, no stat decs from friends, no form 888. This was the same for the English guy in my office, and a Phillipino woman in my wife's work who both did theirs a few months before me...all three of us in Brisbane. Only a short form, certified copies of our passports for ID, my stat dec and my wife's stat dec plus the AFP police check. I had to gve names of two people DIAC could contact if they wanted to, but they were never contacted.

Edited by GeorgeD

I wasn't asked for any evidence at all. Zero. No bills, nothing. Also, no stat decs from friends, no form 888. This was the same for the English guy in my office, and a Phillipino woman in my wife's work who both did theirs a few months before me...all three of us in Brisbane. Only a short form, certified copies of our passports for ID, my stat dec and my wife's stat dec plus the AFP police check. I had to gve names of two people DIAC could contact if they wanted to, but they were never contacted.

Hey, I think there does seem to be a little variance in what people are asked for, I actually managed to speak to a friend of mine yesterday who is due to submit in April so has just received his paperwork and he was kind enough to show it all to me.

Sounds exactly the same as what you were asked for GeorgeD as it was just a letter outlining what was asked for which was a stat dec from him and his girlfriend, a police check and some contacts.

His stat decs were all filled in too, they already had the statement at the top saying the relationship was still genuine and ongoing then had boxes below where they asked for a brief summary of financial arrangements and another box for the dynamics of their everyday relationship....or something to that effect but it was very brief and just needed brief info and a signature!

Either way, I am so pleased to know that everything will be fine!!!

Everyone who has responded has helped to ease my mind a lot so thank you thank you thank you for all your kind words, support and input!

:)

Wow!

Thanks for that. I wonder if by, the Immi not sending the original paperwork to me on time..if I just got given a standard email link? I sweated cobs trying to get the UK police cert.

Only good thing is that the second stage is not definitely not as onerous as the original application.

Hi All,

Thought I'd reply to this post which I started a year ago with a happy ending in case anyone comes across it and is panicking like I was!

Sep 2013 would have been 2 years since submitting the visa and I got my paperwork through for stage 2 in July 2013...so 2 months earlier. It really was as simple as people had reported on here. Just a stat dec from each of us (which is much shorter and easier than the one you write at stage 1) they needed a copy of both passports and another police check from me. THAT WAS ALL!!! No bills, No evidence, No photos etc. I got a letter on 22nd Nov 2013 to say it had been approved and I was now a PR. So all up, it took 3 months from submitting paperwork for the second stage to being approved.

IT WAS EASY PEASY!!! I have a good mind to go tell my previous Immigration agent what I think of her advice!!!

Hopefully that will clear up any worries anyone else has that stumbles across this post!

Thanks for everyones help and advice! xx

Yay!

Well done and congrats Mancinperth..enjoy all that Australian life has to offer...I certainly am..so happy to be a Permanent Resident :)