Redrover

UK TV in Oz

Do pay TV services in Oz offer access to UK TV (eg foxtel)? I appreciate its better to forget the UK when we move out and immerse ourselves in Aus life, but just wondering if its possible.

Foxtel has a lot of UK TV on it. We have it but really only use it to watch sport. The other channels are full of dross (UK or not) and we tend to watch the local free to air most of the time.

Yep, UKTV plus vast majority of stuff on ABC (free to air) is BBC stuff too, and some of the stuff on SBS is UK stuff. In fact, I don't think there's a day when you can't find an episode of QI to watch somewhere or other here!!!

Yep watch all my soaps on UK TV and lots of other Brit stuff on other channels including BBC knowledge all the Top Gear programmes.

Yep watch all my soaps on UK TV and lots of other Brit stuff on other channels including BBC knowledge all the Top Gear programmes.

Just thought you might like this offering from the Daily..er...:wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2289589/I-going-Australia-Jeremy-Clarksons-rant-spotted-luxury-yacht-ex-mistress-Phillipa-Sage.html

Cheers, Bobj.

Copied this from a previous post regarding watching UK TV...

I am sure everyone is aware of this who has sought no fuss UK/US TV through Iplayer/4OD/ITV Player and more US shows that you can shake a stick at.

No VPN, through your browser direct (watch bandwidth though, you have been warned - I have 1000gb a month to use)

You have to have Google Chrome installed, install the following unblocker.

http://hola.org/unblocker.html

You have to install it from Chrome.

This latest version has been updated this week so you then need to click the american flag, click settings, click media unblocker, and there you have it.

Been searching for this since I got here, weather is toss today so why not watch some TV lol.

Enjoy!

Do pay TV services in Oz offer access to UK TV (eg foxtel)? I appreciate its better to forget the UK when we move out and immerse ourselves in Aus life, but just wondering if its possible.

Look up Foxtel and you can see thier packages and costs etc -not cheap but if you like sports etc then worth it Plus you can watch Corrie and East Enders if you so desire

Copied this from a previous post regarding watching UK TV...

I am sure everyone is aware of this who has sought no fuss UK/US TV through Iplayer/4OD/ITV Player and more US shows that you can shake a stick at.

No VPN, through your browser direct (watch bandwidth though, you have been warned - I have 1000gb a month to use)

You have to have Google Chrome installed, install the following unblocker.

http://hola.org/unblocker.html

You have to install it from Chrome.

This latest version has been updated this week so you then need to click the american flag, click settings, click media unblocker, and there you have it.

Been searching for this since I got here, weather is toss today so why not watch some TV lol.

Enjoy!

sorry can someone translate for someone who is barely able to use a computer and easy to follow instructions please! i dont have chrome google so i can get bbc iplayer/ 4OD

many thanks

event.png

You cannot possibly immerse yourself in Australian TV as its basically very poor. Foxtel is full of dross and the only thing worth watching is old UK tv. The sports is a must if you like proper football. But be careful , Sky One had Game of Thrones, Spartacus and very good US programmes. The equivalent channel is classed as a movie channel which you have to pay extra for.

Moving back home 29th March 2013

We just have the normal freeview TV and you do get quite alot of UK TV shows on there, we find things to watch most nights but weekends can be a bit dire,lol,, but not bad enough to warrant paying for Foxtel or anything IMO.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Using the Hola unblocker (must be enabled within Chrome). You can access BBC1/2, ITV, C4, C5 live streams through the following site:

http://www.filmon.com/

Easier to use than going to each site in turn.

I stumbled across this the other month following a tweet from Alan Sugar http://www.uktveverywhere.com

OH submitted ACS 261111 ICT Business Analyst 19/02/2013 Positive assessment 26/04/2013 - EOI 189 submitted 26/04/2013 (will have to wait as ceiling reached)

I thought UK tv was crap... I then moved o Australia........ Enough said

paul :jiggy:

I thought UK tv was crap... I then moved o Australia........ Enough said

Any good news?

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

No mate

Thought not,no worries maaaaAAAAAATE

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub: