Slapheid medical worries

Guest choobs

Guest choobs

Hi all,

As we're getting to the point where we're expecting meds soon, I have a whole new raft of worries - my main one is my amazing stripy head!

About a year ago I started getting some bald spots (alopecia). It's since grown back in, although the new hair is white instead of brown, giving me a stylish mottled look :). It's not a serious thing - just one of those things that arrives then, if you're lucky, goes away again without doing anything more harmful than making you look silly.

My concern, though, is that alopecia is usually linked with high levels of stress. The only stress I have is the bloody migration process :) I'm just a bit worried that the doc will look at me and say nononono stressed monkey.

Anyone know anything about it?

Cheers

Choobs

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Choobs

Please stop worrying! A few months ago, a lady who was on anti-depressants to help her to combat stress was worrying herself stiff on the forums, wondering whether she would be OK on the meds.

An Australian-based doctor chipped in, remarking laconically that 50% of his patients are on anti-depressants!!

The lady got her visa a couple of weeks later. If you stress yourself too much before your meds, your blood pressure might rise. Try to relax as much as you can and all will be fine, I am sure.

Cheers

Gill

Guest stuckinblighty

Choobs

Chill my friend.Sit in the garden,crack open a beer and soak in the sunhine...thats if its sunny in Scotland :wink:

Thats the advice from one stressed out person to another!

regards,Lee

Guest choobs
Choobs

Chill my friend.Sit in the garden,crack open a beer and soak in the sunhine...thats if its sunny in Scotland :wink:

Thats the advice from one stressed out person to another!

regards,Lee

Woohoo! An excuse! I'm off to do that right now :)

I know it's daft, but it looks like the interminable waiting is drawing to a close so I'm finding other things to worry about :)

Thanks all

Choobs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest choobs
Choobs (aka stressed monkey)

I'm sure you'll be fine, you'll soon be celebrating like the rest of us!!

Ali

As it happens, I put Alopecia on the "recent illnesses" part of the form and the doctor said "Oh yeah, looks like it's clearing nicely" and checked the "normal" box :)

Choobs

Archived