Tadah

Transferring from university in UK studying midwifery

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone studying at university in the UK,has ever transferred to an Australian university, or have they had to start their degrees again?

I have just found out that I've got a place at uni starting this sep in the UK to study midwifery. It's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works as this was my 4th year of applying (I'm a mature student) and although I can't wait to get started, my husband has recently applied to transfer his job over to Australia.

If he manages to transfer his job, I would have one year at uni under my belt already.

I am just wanting to explore avenues at the moment, and asking for advice from anyone that may have done this in the past.

Hope someone out there will be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

No I don't believe so as they have a different set up for nursing and I guess your going over on a temp visa ? So you will have to pay for international fees at Uni.

Thanks for replying.

I would be on a permanent resident visa. My hubby is joining the Australian Navy and we will be Australian citizens within 3 months of arriving. I am not too concerned at the moment about any fees that I may have to pay, I am just wondering if its possible to get into uni in Australia, having already completed one year of a degree, or would I have to go through the application process all over again to get into uni.

Perhaps you could email some universities in Australia where you will be moving to and ask if you could get credits for the subjects you've already covered in your first year so that maybe you don't have to redo some units? And save a few months of study?

Loving it in Australia! :) No regrets!

190 SS applied - 11/02/2014, CO allocated - 31/03/2014 (medicals and form 80 requested), Medicals done - 09/04/2014, Medicals uploaded - 11/04/2014, Delay email received - 15/04/2014, VISA GRANT - 09/07/2014!!! :)

Thanks that's a good point. I will try emailing some of them. (By the way I used to live in the Netherlands too, my son was born there)

You're welcome, Tadah! :) Let us know how it goes! Oh and our son will also be born in the Netherlands in July and hopefully we will move to Victoria by year end or early 2014!

Good luck!

Loving it in Australia! :) No regrets!

190 SS applied - 11/02/2014, CO allocated - 31/03/2014 (medicals and form 80 requested), Medicals done - 09/04/2014, Medicals uploaded - 11/04/2014, Delay email received - 15/04/2014, VISA GRANT - 09/07/2014!!! :)

Hi i did 2 years midwifery in the uk and had to come to oz early, i'm just contacting uni to hopefully start next year, i have friends that are midwives here and they said the unis will award you point for study done so hopefully only have 1-1 1/2 years to qualify, will keep you posted

event.png

Hi i did 2 years midwifery in the uk and had to come to oz early, i'm just contacting uni to hopefully start next year, i have friends that are midwives here and they said the unis will award you point for study done so hopefully only have 1-1 1/2 years to qualify, will keep you posted

Thanks for the reply. That sounds quite positive. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Slightly different, but I do know two people that did half their PhD's in the UK, and are now finishing at an Australian Uni. Given the systems do have distinct differences, they have managed to get around it.