Any help with move to Sunshine Coast appreciated!

Kelloggs30

Hi everyone!

My husband and I, along with our 14 month old son, are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast in June. We have visas sorted, have sold our house and booked the flights, just no idea where to stay when we get there!

We don't have jobs yet, we are both secondary school teachers (PE and Science) but are prepared to work in any job until we find something perfect. So no tie to a location for a job.

We are hoping to find somewhere to rent before we fly out, maybe in somewhere like Buderim which seems to have a lot of positive reports or Sippy Downs? Any suggestions of real estate agents or areas to target for rentals would be greatly appreciated! Obviously having a 14 month old in tow we definitely do not want to arrive without a place to stay! So any help with securing a temporary home would be brilliant :cute:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Perhaps before you get too fixated on where to live, you should make some enquiries about where the jobs may be.

From reading this forum it is clear that many people are planning to move, or have moved, to that area. The Sunshine Coast has a large population of retirees and holiday makers. Before committing to a 12 month lease (standard in Australia) you should make sure that you are not driving to Brisbane every day for work.

If you contact some local schools by email (there will be a list on the Qld government website) I am sure that they will give you an idea of how often vacancies arise, the numbers of applicants and the supply teaching available. For private schools, look at http://www.seek.com.au. Bear in mind that the school year has just begun so there will be fewer vacancies than you would find in September - November when private schools start working on their replacements for the following year.

Best of luck - and go to http://www.realestate.com.au to search for rentals to get an idea of cost and availability.

it is hard to secure a rental from overseas, as terms and condition is that you have to have seen ( or someone representing you) to have seen it before, and contracts have to be signed in front of agency staff etc.... we were in the same boots last november when we arrived with 4yrs and 6yr old, but managed to secure something for 6 months ( our choice) with in 2 weeks...... places to stay are many, and i can give you places and emails of short term holiday places, which are in alexander headland or marochydore or near by

we live in buderim, yes its nice, but on the beach or nearby is best.....

drop us an pm, and i can give more help if needed

ps re labouring work, sippy downs will have hospital construction going on, works just started for next stage last month, so yes good area to get in, and the thai boxing, look at places like boot camp or set ups in the 4556/4558/4572 areas

pete( house husband) ann ( nurse) lizzie(6yr) and ellie (4yr)