India passport renewal and address change

rutav

Hi,

I am living in Maharashtra from past 6 years do i need to update my current residential address in Passport before applying for Australian PR.As my passport has my hometown's address.

Apart from this if i renew my wife's passport for after marriage name.will Passport number change?

Regards,

Rutav

Welcome to poms in oz. Pom is a slang name for a British person, so most people in here probably won't be able to help you. We do have a few Indians though, and agents, so hopefully this will push your post up and someone who can answer will be along soon. Good luck.

Hi,

I am living in Maharashtra from past 6 years do i need to update my current residential address in Passport before applying for Australian PR.As my passport has my hometown's address.

Apart from this if i renew my wife's passport for after marriage name.will Passport number change?

Regards,

Rutav

Yes you need to change your address. When you submit your applications, they ask for current proof of residence and lots of other documents (like Bank Statement etc). Most of your bills will have your current address where you live and your passport has another address. So thats going to be a problem definitely. You need to change your address in your passport.

I am not sure about your second question. When I renewed my passport, i got a different number. As far as I am aware, when you update your photo (change of appearance), you get a new book attached to your old book with the same number. So its really hard to tell as I have not been in that situation.

Your best option is to Google.

• 3 weeks later...