SkillSelect - 3 Occupational Ceilings reached

TeeTMI

I am a chemical engineer and my occupation was the first to reach the ceiling :( I have submitted EOI through my agent and was hoping to apply for 190. My point is 55. So, it is only possible to get an invitation if any state gives me 5 precious point! And in this thread it has been already discussed that is is also unsure that my profession will be on the upcoming SOL1 of 13-14. I can try to increase my point through IELTS, but I am not so confident as I am non-english speaker and from Bangladesh.

Can anybody give me some advice?

• 3 weeks later...
I am a chemical engineer and my occupation was the first to reach the ceiling :( I have submitted EOI through my agent and was hoping to apply for 190. My point is 55. So, it is only possible to get an invitation if any state gives me 5 precious point! And in this thread it has been already discussed that is is also unsure that my profession will be on the upcoming SOL1 of 13-14. I can try to increase my point through IELTS, but I am not so confident as I am non-english speaker and from Bangladesh.

Can anybody give me some advice?

As you have read the thread you will have seen that the states are not allowed to grant state sponsorship for an occupation that has reached its ceiling. I suggest you speak with your agent to see if there are any other ways you can meet the points requirements. Plus practice your IELTS and maybe try to increase your IELTS score.

Latest update from DIAC re occupational ceilings:

An occupation ceiling may be applied to invitations to apply to migrate issued under the points based skilled visas of the migration program. This means there will be a limit on how many Expressions of Interest are issued for skilled migration from an occupation group. This ensures that the skilled migration program is not dominated by a small number of occupations.

The following occupations have reached their annual occupational ceiling:

Chemical and Materials Engineers

ICT Business & System Analysts

Electronic Engineers.

No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups until 1 July 2013. This limitation does not apply to Employer Sponsored or Business Innovation and Investment visa classes. For the state and territory nominated visas, a state or territory will not be able to nominate you if your nominated occupation has reached its occupation ceiling. For clients with an Expression Of Interest in these occupation groups, your Expression Of Interest will remain valid for two years from the date you submitted your Expression Of Interest.

The below occupations have not yet reached their ceiling levels, however, 75% or more of the invitation ceiling levels for these occupations have been reached. Intending migrants who have selected any of these as their nominated occupation should submit their EOI to have a chance of being invited before their occupation reaches its ceiling:

Telecommunications Engineering Professionals (447 of 480)

Other Engineering Professionals (435 of 540)

Software and Applications Programmers (3898 of 5160)

Any ceiling reached will be reset on 1 July 2013.

I can't find anywhere on the DIAC site the report of the invitations concerning 190 visas. The last available seems to be december 2012, on the following report I read "The above automated invitation rounds do not include invitations issued under the state and territory government nominated subclasses. State and territory governments nominate throughout the month for state and territory nominated points tested skilled migration and business innovation and investment visas. Separate results for these visa subclasses are provided monthly.".

The question is: where are these results? Anyone knows? :huh:

aargh..

I am currently doing my Software Enginner RPL. IT will take 2 months for a response so I had been hoping to squeeze it in before the end of the year. However, it will no doubt be full by the end of June.

I will therefore have to wait until the new list again in July.

The question is..given that they will hit their high ceiling of 5160, are they likely to dramatically reduce the figure for next year, or even worse, remove it altogher . Disheartened about doing the RPL now :(

As you have read the thread you will have seen that the states are not allowed to grant state sponsorship for an occupation that has reached its ceiling. I suggest you speak with your agent to see if there are any other ways you can meet the points requirements. Plus practice your IELTS and maybe try to increase your IELTS score.

Hey Tee..You have been doing a great job to help people with their queries here. Apparently i need your help with my query as well.

The occupation ceilings that we are discussion are for subclass 189 or for both 189 and 190? I have applied for SS for 135112 - ICT Project manager which falls in schedule 2. I am wondering under which occupation group would this ANZCSO code falls in as I do not see any discussion or could not find any occupational ceiling related to this.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Amit

Hey Tee..You have been doing a great job to help people with their queries here. Apparently i need your help with my query as well.

The occupation ceilings that we are discussion are for subclass 189 or for both 189 and 190? I have applied for SS for 135112 - ICT Project manager which falls in schedule 2. I am wondering under which occupation group would this ANZCSO code falls in as I do not see any discussion or could not find any occupational ceiling related to this.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Amit

The occupational ceilings relate to both 189 and 190 subclasses.

ANZSCO 135112 ICT Project Manager falls within ANZSCO ICT Managers which DIAC have not yet reported as close to its ceiling. You can find details of the occupation ceilings on SkillSelect.

Hi,

I am IT professional and i am going to apply for ACS in IT Business Analyst. This has already reached the ceiling for this year. I just want to know that whether this occupation will remain in the list for next year also ? As this is clearly mentioned that new invitations will be given after 1st july 2013.

Please reply.

Regards

The first of the occupational ceilings have been reached.

• Chemical and Materials Engineers
  • ICT Business & System Analysts
  • Electronic Engineers

• Plus Telecommunications Engineering Professionals has reached 80 percent of its occupation ceiling.

Once an occupation ceiling has been reached:

• No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups until 1 July 2013;
  • States and territories are not be able to nominate applicants nominating that occupation; and
  • An Expression Of Interest in these occupation groups will remain valid for two years from the date it was submitted.

Hi,

I am IT professional and i am going to apply for ACS in IT Business Analyst. This has already reached the ceiling for this year. I just want to know that whether this occupation will remain in the list for next year also ? As this is clearly mentioned that new invitations will be given after 1st july 2013.

Please reply.

Regards

That is a question you will need to ask DIAC.

Hi,

Please reply.

Regards

Nobody knows and you won't find out until July when the new list is published.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Update Telecommunications Engineering Professionals have now reached their ceiling

• Electronic Engineers
  • Telecommunications Engineering Professionals.

No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups

until 1 July 2013. This limitation does not apply to Employer Sponsored

or Business Innovation and Investment visa classes. For the state and

territory nominated visas, a state or territory will not be able to

nominate you if your nominated occupation has reached its occupation

ceiling. For clients with an Expression Of Interest in these occupation

groups, your Expression Of Interest will remain valid for two years from

the date you submitted your Expression Of Interest.

The below

occupations have not yet reached their ceiling levels, however, 75% or

more of the invitation ceiling levels for these occupations have been

reached. Intending migrants who have selected any of these as their

nominated occupation should submit their EOI to have a chance of being

invited before their occupation reaches its ceiling:

• Other Engineering Professionals (500 of 540)
  • Software and Applications Programmers (4567 of 5160)

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update on the occupational ceilings for skilled visas:

• Electronic Engineers
  • Telecommunications Engineering Professionals
  • Other Engineering Professionals
  • Software and Application Programmers.

No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups until 1 July 2013. This limitation does not apply to Employer Sponsored or Business Innovation and Investment visa classes. For the state and territory nominated visas, a state or territory will not be able to nominate you if your nominated occupation has reached its occupation ceiling. For clients with an Expression Of Interest in these occupation groups, your Expression Of Interest will remain valid for two years from the date you submitted your Expression Of Interest.

The below occupation has not yet reached its ceiling levels, however, 75 per cent or more of the invitation ceiling levels for this occupation has been reached. Intending migrants who have selected this as their nominated occupation should submit their EOI to have a chance of being invited before their occupation reaches its ceiling:

• Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers (1127/1620)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Tee,

Thanks for all the insights provided. Just wanted to check what DIAC means by resetting the ceiling on July 1. Is it that they are reset back to the same number as 2102 or the occupational ceilings will have a different figure this time around? As of now, nothing has been updated on that front on Skill Select, so just curious.

Cheers

Latest update on the occupational ceilings for skilled visas:

• Electronic Engineers
  • Telecommunications Engineering Professionals
  • Other Engineering Professionals
  • Software and Application Programmers.

The below occupation has not yet reached its ceiling levels, however, 75 per cent or more of the invitation ceiling levels for this occupation has been reached. Intending migrants who have selected this as their nominated occupation should submit their EOI to have a chance of being invited before their occupation reaches its ceiling:

• Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers (1127/1620)

Hello Tee,

Thanks for all the insights provided. Just wanted to check what DIAC means by resetting the ceiling on July 1. Is it that they are reset back to the same number as 2102 or the occupational ceilings will have a different figure this time around? As of now, nothing has been updated on that front on Skill Select, so just curious.

Cheers

I am sure once they decide they will post it on SkillSelect.

They must have decided already as they have an EOI round today

[h=4]1 July 2013[/h][TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass [/TH]

[TH]Maximum Number[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)[/TD]

[TD]1150[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489) [/TD]

[TD]100[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Wonder why aren't they updating the ceilings then yet. Makes you think what's going on.

They must have decided already as they have an EOI round today

1 July 2013

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Maximum Number[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)[/TD]

[TD]1150[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489)[/TD]

[TD]100[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

@Snazme : Resetting the occupational ceiling means that they start counting from 0 (zero) again. If for example they have 1150 places for subclass 189 visa, then they start from scratch, which = people do not need to worry about reaching the ceiling for the first few months.

Shouldn't that mean that the occupational ceiling report be reset to 0 for occupations that have reached the limits for 2012-2013. I asked the same question to Tee, who is an MARA registered agent, in the previous pages and she replied in negative. She said that the new ceilings will be updated soon. Thanks for your input. Cheers

@Snazme : Resetting the occupational ceiling means that they start counting from 0 (zero) again. If for example they have 1150 places for subclass 189 visa, then they start from scratch, which = people do not need to worry about reaching the ceiling for the first few months.

I've looked at the previous pages now and I cannot see any response in negative. She said "I am sure once they decide they will post it on SkillSelect."

I am not a migration agent, registered or otherwise, but as I understand this ceiling resetting goes like this - just as TeeTMI said: "Any ceiling reached will be reset on 1 July 2013." The ceilings may be lowered or increased (aka "the new ceilings will be updated soon"), but any ceiling reached will be reset to zero.

Just trying to help; hope someone will come along and chip in.