yeah012

TRA Cook assessment

Hi guys,

I am new on this site, but I find it very helpful. I hope you can help me. What we need to a successful cook assessment? My boyfriend learnt 5 years to be a cook and has 3 years part time apprenticeship during school. After we moved to the UK, he has been working from June as a cook and we plan here two years more. It will be enough for a positive skill assessment?

Thanks, Kiki

Welcome to poms in oz.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

No one can help me? Im confused... How many years does he need to work after qualification gained? Please anybody...

Tra are the people who assess cooks. They are pretty good at answering questions if you email them. It is a minimum of 18 months full time post qualification if you studied in oz, I believe it is more if you studied in another country.

Tra are the people who assess cooks. They are pretty good at answering questions if you email them. It is a minimum of 18 months full time post qualification if you studied in oz, I believe it is more if you studied in another country.

Oh, thank you very much. He studied in Hungary. And what if he can change it to an Australian qualification?

I don't think he can change it to an Australian qualification. Lots of people used to come to oz and do a two year full time diploma course, but now it is much harder to get pr so far less are doing it. That and it costs about $15k + per year.