success

whichway1

pics wunburra to august 2012 397.jpgIn a battle that has been raging since I got my dog 5 years ago, (then 11 months old) I have finally got him to lose some weight. In the last 6 months he has lost 3.5 kg. woo hoo.

I have spent hundreds on diet food that didn't work, and swimming lessons that made his ears sore, paid people to take him on longer walks when I am working and somehow it just happened.....

I cut his food in half (which I am sure I have done before) and finally a result. I hate going to the vet with him cos they give me such grief but he is a lab and we have a toddler who loves throwing food at him so the weight loss battle isn't easy.

I tell you what though, he will never ever be a little slim lab, he is broad and has a bigger body and face than those dogs, he's not the same and will never be the same weight, they want him to be 25kg but now he is 43kg (I know that sounds massive but if you saw him you would just think he looked normal, maybe a bit chubby, and he has always been like that since we got him.

(this is him before he lost the weight, I suppose he does look a bit chubby, I'll try and post after pics to keep me motivated).

pics wunburra to august 2012 397.jpg

Edited by whichway1

We've got two golden labs at the moment - Satch of course (who we brought over from the UK) and we're also fostering an elderly golden girl called Blondie (who's also blind).

Satch is around 32kg - she's quite tall for a female, and Blondie is around 36kg - but a shorter girl (she really needs to lose at least 6kg, probably more). We're working on getting Blondie's weight down for when her owner gets her situation sorted out.

It's simply a matter of less food - as you say hard when kids help ... Just keep cutting the main feed down until you're seeing the difference :)

And well done so far!

We've got two golden labs at the moment - Satch of course (who we brought over from the UK) and we're also fostering an elderly golden girl called Blondie (who's also blind).

Satch is around 32kg - she's quite tall for a female, and Blondie is around 36kg - but a shorter girl (she really needs to lose at least 6kg, probably more). We're working on getting Blondie's weight down for when her owner gets her situation sorted out.

It's simply a matter of less food - as you say hard when kids help ... Just keep cutting the main feed down until you're seeing the difference :)

And well done so far!

Love the picture look like having a ball in the paddling pool were coming from Scotland so my dog will feel the heat in perth