2 years on passport

traceyandedd

"Passport details

The passport you use should be the one you intend to use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted. This passport should be valid for at least two years." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/additional-information.htm#passport

I would say 2 years from when the visa is granted, but it is not very clear.

If you dont have much time left on your passport it is cheaper and easier to renew in the UK, and if you have some time left on current passport you can get up to 9 months added to the new passport.

You will need valid passport to be able to apply for the 887 once you are eligible after 2 years living and 1 year working in Regional Australia, and not having to worry about renewing passport as well as the other paper work would be less stressful.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

"Passport details

The passport you use should be the one you intend to use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted. This passport should be valid for at least two years." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/additional-information.htm#passport

I would say 2 years from when the visa is granted, but it is not very clear.

If you dont have much time left on your passport it is cheaper and easier to renew in the UK, and if you have some time left on current passport you can get up to 9 months added to the new passport.

You will need valid passport to be able to apply for the 887 once you are eligible after 2 years living and 1 year working in Regional Australia, and not having to worry about renewing passport as well as the other paper work would be less stressful.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

Hi Lebour,

I have aplplied for 190 visa and now realised that my passport is not valid for 2 years, it is valid for less than 2 yrs. I lodged my application in dec 2012 and my passport is expiring in oct 2014. Do u think i can contact my CO? Will they refuse my visa on this basis?

Hi Lebour,

I have aplplied for 190 visa and now realised that my passport is not valid for 2 years, it is valid for less than 2 yrs. I lodged my application in dec 2012 and my passport is expiring in oct 2014. Do u think i can contact my CO? Will they refuse my visa on this basis?

They wont refuse because if this if they do require the 2 years, they will ask you to renew your passport before visa is granted. I havent seen that this 2 year on passport is a hard and fast rule.

They wont refuse because if this if they do require the 2 years, they will ask you to renew your passport before visa is granted. I havent seen that this 2 year on passport is a hard and fast rule.

No, the visa is not granted yet. Its in process. Also form 80 has been submitted to CO. Do you think its too late now? Should I contact my CO and tell her of my concern.

No, the visa is not granted yet. Its in process. Also form 80 has been submitted to CO. Do you think its too late now? Should I contact my CO and tell her of my concern.

You should just leave it - there is enough time on your passport to be able to validate, which is the main thing - if it is not requested.

After visa is granted you need to fill in form 929 to update passport details. it is a simple procedure.

I wouldnt worry about it

You should just leave it - there is enough time on your passport to be able to validate, which is the main thing - if it is not requested.

After visa is granted you need to fill in form 929 to update passport details. it is a simple procedure.

I wouldnt worry about it

Thanks brother, really appreciated.