danny1978spark

Where to begin?

Hi there, i'm looking for advice on who to use as a migration agent at the minute.I m a 29 year old electrician and did the online assessment with a company called 1st contact in London. I have a friend who has just moved to Perth last november with his wife and he had used them .As a Plasterer he got a skilled visa.When i spoke to the agent he told me that the fees would be 2 thousand pounds to the company then 2600 dollars to the aussie government for there assessment plus medical and police report making it nearly 4.5 thousand pounds all in.I would also have to go to main land england, i m from n. ireland , to take a 2 day skills assessment thing. What was the point of getting qualifications for the job your doing, then pay these guys loads for the privilege of doing some mickey mouse course???

Any help would be appreciated.I had hoped to get the visa through in 8 months but that seems like its out the window now.Another point i had was how detailed does the work history go ? I m self employed and my work history is somewhat erratic

Hi,

We used an ex pommie agent based in Perth and he got us through, but it did take 19 mths !!! And when i get to Perth to get a job i have got to pay and sit exams to prove i am a hairdresser to get a work permit... It does make me a little angry, but when in oz!!

About your work you will need receipts, statements off customers, you have to show that you work so many hours a week, and alot of very detailed paper work!

Good Luck

Alex

Guest Truckinmick

Hi Danny, ime from n ireland as well, :smile:we're using an agent called Go Matilda, they have an office in Southampton and in Oz as well, they are very good and a helle of a lot cheaper than the money your talkin about, i dont know why you have to go to the mainland cause we dont, we do everything from home here, sent them all the OH qualifications by post and that was that, feel free to contact me if i can offer you any help at all for its a big under takn and a lot to get your head round sometimes, but should be worth it in the long run.

good luck

Truckinmick.:jiggy:

Guest chellemounfield@aol.com

Hi,

My husband is an electrician and we have applied for a skilled 136 visa.

Started process January 07 using Thames Consular. They have been fantastic. Always spot on with everything and whenever we have rung our agent has always been available to speak to us.

Everythng is complete, just waiting for that phone call from our agent !!!!

The wait is very frustrating!!:wacko:

Good luck