and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Belle4

Calling all Painters............

Guest Belle4

Hi all

OH watched 'Wanted Down Under' this morning and is devastated by what they said a painter and decorator can earn in W.A.

Most people they spoke to were earning around £300 a week, he can earn nearly double that here!

Is there anyone out there who is working as a painter in and around Perth and on better money?! What can he realistically expect to earn for a normal working week?

many thanks

Emma

:unsure:

Don't get to worried that was working for someone else and was over a year old

i bet my house that a decent painter earns more than that as you will find out with the posts that will follow

Living the Dream in Baldivis

Guest traybears

HI EMMA,WE EMAIL LOTS OF DIFFERENT PAINTING COMPANIES IN SYDNEY WHERE WE'RE HEADING.WAGES BETWEEN $26-$35 AN HOUR.NOT TOO BAD.TRACY.XX.

Guest sharleen29

HI traybears, i know your kids are young so are you planning on working too? Im not until the kids are settled (about 6 months) do you think we will manage on 1 wage?

xxx

Guest traybears

HI SHARLEEN,YES IM PLANNING ON WORKING AS I DO HERE (ONLY 15 HOURS).BUT LIKE YOU GOING TO WAIT 6 MONTHS TILL EVERYONE SETTLED.OUR FRIENDS LIVE IN OZ ALREADY.YOU GET PRETTY GOOD FAMILY CREDIT AND TAX CREDITS LIKE HERE SO HOPEFULLY SHOULDN'T BE TOO BAD.WHERE YOU HEADING?:smile:TRACY.XX.

HI traybears, i know your kids are young so are you planning on working too? Im not until the kids are settled (about 6 months) do you think we will manage on 1 wage?

xxx

Guest sharleen29

Hi we are heading to qlds but not quite sure where, just depends where the work is for hubby. I work full time here (niteshift) so it will be nice for a wee break for a while. Thats good to hear about the family tax credits because we dont get them at the moment. Where are you thinking of going?

xxx

Guest traybears

HI SHARLEEN,WE'RE HEADING TO SYDNEY,THAT'S IF WE EVERY GET A C/O LOL.TRACY.XX.

Guest Doddsy

Hi Emma, my brother works as a painter in Perth and earns min of $30 an hr.

So dont worry to much m8.

Its just like most trades at the moment and rather in demand so you will be able to shop around and get the best rate :idea:

Hi Traybears

I logged around the same time as you and have just recieved an email about a case officer. I see you say you have done your medicals? I have sent mine off in December and I dont think they mind you doing that to speed things up. Also sent them the police clearances.

When you got assigned a case officer did he leave you any contact details? I ask because I got a email saying I now have a case officer but never left any contact details.

Thanx and good luck

Bruce

475 visa applied online 18/10/07

meds and pc's sent 15/11/07

meds finalised 12/01/08

CO 18/02/08

allocation to a Decision Maker for

finalisation. 28/03/08

:SLEEP:

VISA GRANTED!!!! :jiggy:25/04/2008

Guest traybears

HI BRUCE,WE'RE USING A AGENT.SHE PHONED ME THAT MORNING AND TOLD ME SO I DON'T KNOW,SORRY.TRACY.XX.

Guest charlies-space@hotmail.co

hi folks sorry to but in ! anyone tell me is there a age limit for painters Im 45 whats my chances???? thanx guys .

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Charlie

The cut off age for independent migration is 45, but on an employer sponsored visa with an MODL skill (which P&D is) you are OK up to the age of 54.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest charlies-space@hotmail.co

Thank you gill just given me a second breath of air,any chance of letting me know which way to look,what to do next ???? At this moment in time feeling crazy enough just to jump on a plane and take a chance with the outcome but I know this will backfire!Really dont want to get it wrong.