ACS Assessment Reference letter Job Duties

DreamOfOz

Hi,

I am gathering info for my employment reference letter. I have been working for my current employers for 9 years. My job title is Web Applications Developer. I am planning on applying for an assessment under the ANZSCO code of 261312 Developer Programmer. I have drafted the list of duties but am wondering how detailed this needs to be? Do I need to go into detail of the languages and technologies used (VB.Net, SQL, ASP.Net, Visual Studio etc), or just the basics for example "Writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using programming languages and development tools", "Creation and maintenance of the Information System's in-house developed applications according to a pre-determined brief." and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

The important thing is to cover the details in the code description, available:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Code-Descriptions-1-July-2012-V2.pdf

i think how detailed people are tends to be a personal preference. I would certainly include the languages used and try to include as much as possible related back to the job skills required.

Hi,

I am gathering info for my employment reference letter. I have been working for my current employers for 9 years. My job title is Web Applications Developer. I am planning on applying for an assessment under the ANZSCO code of 261312 Developer Programmer. I have drafted the list of duties but am wondering how detailed this needs to be? Do I need to go into detail of the languages and technologies used (VB.Net, SQL, ASP.Net, Visual Studio etc), or just the basics for example "Writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using programming languages and development tools", "Creation and maintenance of the Information System's in-house developed applications according to a pre-determined brief." and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

My own experience says make it a bit detailed one... bullet point of general duties... mentions some of the individual projects (with description in 4-5 bullet point) that you might have worked on over the years. do mention the Languages and Technologies used. That should do it ! Best of luck !