area to live half way Brisbane airport and the sunshine coast?

julie38

Hi all my hubby might be taking a job at the airport but I don't really want to live in the city. The sunshine coast is about 1 hour but with traffic would prob make it just too far to drive each day, we are living near the blue mountains Sydney at the mo and would prefer to be near the sea. Good schools are the most important part as we have had to move once already because of bad schools and don,t want to have to do it again more than once as its so unfair on our girls. Also prefer a bit rural and not a house where you can see your what next door is doing from your arm chair!! looking at places and schools on line is good but it helps when you know the areas to avoid!! any help is much appreciated :biggrin: thanks Julie

Guest Guest16631

http://www.brisbane-australia.com/brisbane-suburb-profiles.html

..........this might help..............will give you some info on Brisbane's surrounding suberbs...

http://www.sunshinecoast-australia.com/sunshine-coast-suburb-profiles.html

........and further up the coast................the best of luck to you and yours...........tink x

On your criteria I would avoid North Lakes as it tends to be high density housing and most of them are very close to each other.

Have you been on this website: http://www.myschool.edu.au/ to get an idea of schools. Just be careful to check the % who attended the NAPLAN tests!

Buderim seems lovely from what I have seen and fits most of your criteria.

There are some nice properties around the Redcliffe Peninsula but not exactly rural. The state schools didn't have great results last time I checked (that was a good year ago though) but you have Grace Lutheran which seems good.

The areas of Albany Creek and Eatons Hill are really nice but not very close to the coast. There are some really good schools around there.

Bribie Island (especially around Woorim) is really nice. I think that would be quite a drive to the airport though and not sure about the schools.

Shorncliffe is really nice too and the state school had really excellent results when I was looking. There just wasn't anything that came up in our budget for rent.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the Redcliffe peninsula. State schools aren't great but two of my kids are at fee paying schools which are pretty inexpensive. Shorncliffe is nice and the State primary school has a good reputation but is nigh on impossible to find any rentals at all there. Sandgate is also good. It has a railway station, and a not bad 'town' centre. Handy to get to places. Agreed that you should avoid North Lakes/Deception Bay/Caboolture etc.