What visa should we get when waiting for child sponsored 101 visa to be granted

TurnersInOz

Hi

Were emigrating to QLD in June. Myself and my husband will be entering on a previously validated visa, however we have had to apply for a separate visa subclass 101 for our baby boy. Submitted 31th Jan 13, appointed CO 5th Feb with estimated processing time of 7-8 months. We are allowed to emigrate with him before his visa is processed, but we are unsure on the type of visa we will need for him to enter and reside there on until his 101 visa is processed. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you :smile:

Hi

Were emigrating to QLD in June. Myself and my husband will be entering on a previously validated visa, however we have had to apply for a separate visa subclass 101 for our baby boy. Submitted 31th Jan 13, appointed CO 5th Feb with estimated processing time of 7-8 months. We are allowed to emigrate with him before his visa is processed, but we are unsure on the type of visa we will need for him to enter and reside there on until his 101 visa is processed. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

If eligible ETA otherwise 676

• 2 months later...
Hi

Hi there,

Just stumbled upon your post! Just wandering if you have had your child visa (101) granted yet?

We applied for our sons child visa late Feb and eagerly awaiting the grant notification!!!!!!! We fly out to Australia 6th August so we have everything crossed we will have it before then. It will be such a pain if not, we will have to leave Australia for 3 days when his visa is finally granted!!!!!!! Our CO was appointed quickly like yours and medicals are all sorted. Just a waiting game now!

Hi

We were told 7-8 month early feb, and that they were running to those estimates at that time, so its likey to be September/October time. Our flights are booked for end of June, so I doubt we will have it before then. It looks like a trip to NZ or Bali for a few days, for me and my son, when they get processed. Have you thought about what you will do? We have to keep the CO informed of our movements, wondering when to do this? I will also need to apply for his temp visa.

Did your CO give you any additional info i.e. est processing time?

​Where are you moving to?

Hi

We were told 7-8 month early feb, and that they were running to those estimates at that time, so its likey to be September/October time. Our flights are booked for end of June, so I doubt we will have it before then. It looks like a trip to NZ or Bali for a few days, for me and my son, when they get processed. Have you thought about what you will do? We have to keep the CO informed of our movements, wondering when to do this? I will also need to apply for his temp visa.

Did your CO give you any additional info i.e. est processing time?

​Where are you moving to?

Hi again!

Yeah my CO just says the same default answer - 7/8 months!!!!! I think i will be doing the same as you and having a little 3 or 4 day holiday to where ever is cheap!!! Bali sounds good!!

We are heading to North NSW (pottsville area). Hubby has a few possible job options in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. What about you? Are you all organised? We are having an expensive week this week with confirming our dogs quarantine, household shipping, booking flight, booking holiday home etc - eeeeeekkkk! Scary stuff but i can't wait! How about you?

Keep me posted if you hear anything on your 101 and i will do same!!!

Happy Organising! x

yes I think it will be the cheaper option for me too, but either would be lovely I'm sure! I'm just hoping that it doesn't get processed for a good few months after we arrive! we have booked a lovely house in narangba, north Brisbane through trip advisor, removal booked and flights booked, still lots to do. were excited but worrying about jobs as neither of us have anything lined up. does your hubby have something to walk into? do you just have the one boy? I have another son and a little girl too. x

yes I think it will be the cheaper option for me too, but either would be lovely I'm sure! I'm just hoping that it doesn't get processed for a good few months after we arrive! we have booked a lovely house in narangba, north Brisbane through trip advisor, removal booked and flights booked, still lots to do. were excited but worrying about jobs as neither of us have anything lined up. does your hubby have something to walk into? do you just have the one boy? I have another son and a little girl too. x

Hi,

We also have two boys and a girl! Ages 6, 4 and 18 month!!! That's the biggest issue with having to leave Australia whilst babys visa is granted, we (and you) have two other children to consider and of course it will bump up the cost if all leave the country simply for babys visa to be granted!!!!! Needs must and all that! Hubby has just last week had a job offer which he is over the moon about. It's central Brisbane but as he is a tradie the travelling from Pottsville is not an issue (no different to the UK). I think it will be easier to get a job once you are there rather than from here in the UK. I think my hubby struck lucky. I'm sure it will all fall into place.

Would be great to keep in touch. Take care

x

I was thinking perhaps I would go with the baby for the few days, but it will obviously depend on a lot of things at the time. what does your hubby do? mine was a joiner, but will have just qualified as a civil engineer. do you have family in pottsville?

Hi TurnersInOz

We are in a similar situation - myself, wife and son already have a visa and need to apply for a child sponsored visa for our second child.

When applying for your child sponsored visa did you submit your medicals/police checks with the visa application or did you wait for your CO to prompt you for them?

Is it just the sponsor and child who require a medical or do all family members require them?

Good luck with the move :biggrin:

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul. Thank you. We sent the visa application off without the medical and police check. We were contacted within the week with a case officer, who then requested these documents. The child will need a medical, we went to Spire in Manchester, which cost us around £85-90 for a basic med with no blood tests or x-rays. You and your wife will both need to get a new police check £45. We were told it will take 7-8 months, that was back in Feb. :)

Hi Paul. Thank you. We sent the visa application off without the medical and police check. We were contacted within the week with a case officer, who then requested these documents. The child will need a medical, we went to Spire in Manchester, which cost us around £85-90 for a basic med with no blood tests or x-rays. You and your wife will both need to get a new police check £45. We were told it will take 7-8 months, that was back in Feb. :)

Thank you for the info.

• 4 months later...

Did any of you move to Aus before getting the Child Visa sorted out? Did the holiday visa option work out and was the CO accomodating over this?

We are in a similar situation. Want to move at the end of November but waiting on a Child Visa for the youngest. Already have a planned return in July with whole family so if we could get the Child Visa validated on return to Aus then that would be perfect.

Both Team Edwards and I have brought our boys out on an e tourist visa, we both submitted in feb and received notification a few weeks ago that they are ready to be processed. They estimated 8-9 month, so sept/oct, which it was. They give you a year from when the child's meds were carried out, so if this was post July 2013 your trip back nest July should be OK. When I got my son's tourist visa I emailed CO all of the details before we left and kept her updated with contact details once we were here, which was fine :)