You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

imo2oz

Finding a cheap short term rental in Brisbane for a family of 6

We have decided to bite the bullet and are moving to Brisbane in May. I have been searching for a short term rental for when we arrive and they are mega expensive. I have bugetted £2000 for it but even the caravan park comes in at £4800! I really don't want anything fancy, just a base near enough to the CBD to search for jobs and find a rental. The kids are aged 13, 11, 5 and 3, so i need somewhere with enough room, but i would consider a place that sleeps less than 6 and make do, to save money. Any ideas anyone?!?

Also, I wondered if it is really necessary to book the short term rental for 4 weeks, do you think we could secure a place to live in 3 weeks?:unsure:

Thanks for any advice.

Imogen

Have you tried airbnb.co.uk? sounds a uk site but you put in city and dates and how many people it looks really good, its what Im gonna use

Nicola x

2012 IELTS 26/5 ANMAC 27/10 2013 LOD 14/03 AHPRA 08/05 LOE 30/05 EOI for QLD SS submitted and invited (same day) 30/05 190 Visa lodged 11/06 Medicals 29/06 CO allocated 12/7 PCC 23/7 extra docs 18/8 VISA GRANTED 23/8! Flights booked 10 Sept Brisbane bound! :jiggy:

hey. were a family of 5 with children aged 13,5 &6month moving out end of June. I've researched accommodation. endlessly thinking the same. however I Think we have decided on Brisbane holiday village, we stayed there 2years ago on a holiday and thought it was lovely. they do 1,2&3 bed corporate accommodation and on booking of 28nights or more there's a 50% discount, for the 2 bed it worked out to be $77 per night I think. were waiting on a price for the 3bed which was on two separate levels. it will also be quiet that time of year so I doubt they would be a problem extending the stay if you don't find accommodation quickly. I was originally thinking 3weeks, but it might make you settle for second best if you limit yourself...plus I think the deal on 28days will work out better than 3weeks??? the staff were very accommodating at the holiday village and was in a good location too and close access to the motorway.

This is a hard one, we stayed in a CBD hotel on the Southbank for first 10 days then moved to short term accomodation in South Yarra for 21 days before finding longer term rental in Armadale. Think that first 31 days was the equivalent of 2 months of the longer term rent.