Hi everyone,

A little conundrum here.... I am australian and my wife is Spanish having lived in the UK for 9 years. We are preparing a spouse visa for moving to Australia. Through this process, we have discovered that she will have to detail the past 10 years of her international travel... This would be fine, but she has travelled a lot, mostly between the UK and Spain, she cannot recall much of her travel. We have searched her email for past tickets (mine also), but are not sure if this constitutes all of her international travel. How can we obtain a complete list? Can the Home Office provide such information, or do we need to contact the equivalent in Spain?

Thanks for your help,

Tyson

Guest GeorgeD

Don't worry too much about ti, just say there have been numerous trips...she may need a police check from the UK depending how much time she spent there. That's the big reason they want to know about travel...to see which countries you need a police check from. Lots of people haven't a clue how many holidays they took, when and their duration. It isn't an uncommon issue.

Please check your passport. If you enter another country they put an arrival stamp in your passport.

when you enter UK they again put an arrival stamp in the uk.

write down in an ascending order date by date and sort it out.

OP wife is travelling within Europe as a EU citizen, it is not a requirement to travel with a passport as many countries have national identity cards. No stamps are put in passports for travel within the EU.

put as much as she remembers, just also get Spanish police check with translation in English and there will be no issues.

Don't worry too much about ti, just say there have been numerous trips...she may need a police check from the UK depending how much time she spent there. That's the big reason they want to know about travel...to see which countries you need a police check from. Lots of people haven't a clue how many holidays they took, when and their duration. It isn't an uncommon issue.

We have been fortunate enough to travel a lot around Europe over the last 10 years and can't remember which years we went to which places. Its only been long weekends so am hoping it won't be a massive issue if I don't know exactly which year it was?

Please check your passport. If you enter another country they put an arrival stamp in your passport.

when you enter UK they again put an arrival stamp in the uk.

write down in an ascending order date by date and sort it out.

I'm guessing you are not European. I have never had my passport stamped when going in or out of another European country. And I have even asked for it! They refused. :-(

We are just starting out with our application for RSMS and are like you totally stuck with the travel history question.

We would travel outside the UK at least 10 times a year (mainly long weekends away) with three main holidays.

Its just impossible to try and remember them all.

Our agent also said it needed to be accurate.

We are putting down what we can remember and will say its as accurate as what we can recall.

If you do forget something and they find out, is it a major issue?

Realistically, how can they find out? Just be as accurate as you can

I've travelled a lot to stricter countries than Oz (like Russia) where every time you apply for a tourist or business visa you have to give 10 years' travel history. Put down what you can remember, no one is going to be very interested in a weekend away in Italy you took 5 years ago