Young girl looking to stay in Australia for a year or more

Louise96

Right well I'm planning on going out to Australia late 2014/early 2015. Most likely on a working holiday visa? Would that be the best one? I think that would be best, not really sure where to go yet? And when I go I will be a fully qualified mechanic with about a years experience. My parents are going to join me out there for a few weeks for a holiday and to see family.So I need to find a job,somewhere to live .wehave one family member out there in Darwin. So living with her is a possibility. But would it be okay going out there on my own? And I just feel that england isn't enough. And I love the outdoor lifestyle. But will I like it? Anyone who could give me any advice would be great! Thanks x

Start off looking at the Immigration Department website to see what kind of visa you are eligible for?

http://www.immi.gov.au/

Have a look on www.seek.com.au and search for mechanic's jobs to see what is available.

Do some research on life in Darwin. I have never been there - something I should put right, come to think of it, but most migrants come to the big cities. Do some research on the different states and cities.

Plenty of young girls and guys come out on their own ( I did too, back in 'prehistoric' times.)

Try to assess what you want in life. Why 'isn't England enough?' Perhaps, Australia might end up being the same. What about 'the outdoor lifestyle?' What can't you do outdoors in England, that you will be able to do in Australia. I remember from my life in England that I was always out on my bicycle or walking, all year round but I lived in a rural area there. Here, in a big city - Sydney - it's not always that easy to get out into the country. You could be spending an hour, two hours, each day commuting to work, with the only time available to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle at weekends. You might have to live a long way from the beach, or even if you do, be spending so much time commuting/working you won't be able to enjoy it.