Looking for accomodation for a reccie.

Ready to go

I'm new to this part of poms in oz. My family have our visa and we are now deciding where we are going to base ourselves. Really like the look of Buderim and I am coming out to look at schools, houses, jobs etc on 11 March. I had being thinking of b&b type accomodation, so I will be able to get some inside info from people who live in the area and will not have to be on my own in an apartment. Does anyone have any suggestions, would like somewhere nice, but not too expensive. I would also love to meet up for a chat with people from the area. Hubby and I have two kids 10 and 12, so schools are important. Any info greatfully received.

hello, just read your message and thought i would reply.

we live in runaway bay, the gold coast, been in oz for about eleven years (or near enough) have a daughter who is thirteen in july plus two older girls, we love this area and some don't, everyone has there own reasons and coming out to have a look is good, we were all over the place so saw what we liked and didn't and have settled here and love it, if you were coming around this way we could have met, i am still settling in as not been in this area for too long, was in townsville before, which was fine but happier here.

all the best with your reccie and hope all works out well.

Hi If you come down towards Caloundra / Maroochydore where its a bit more touristy, you should find loads of holiday type accommodation. realestate.com now have a holiday let section and there is Stayz.com but thats more furnished homes..

Its still only a stones throw from these areas to Budrim..

Cal x

Thanks ozellis, I don't think I will be in your area, but if I do I will let you know. Thanks for your reply its important for me to remember that if we don't like somewhere we can always move. What didn't you like about Townsville, I did think about there, but though it was maybe a bit remote. I have got booked in a really nice B and B took a bit of digging but now looking forward to getting over.

Thanks for your reply calNgray, found a great looking B and B in Buderim - called Hove2, looks like just what I was looking for, and found it on Stayz, so good tip there. Plan on having a look around Caloundra, maroochydore as I don't think I can make a decision about where I will like just from the Internet. Not sure if they will be too touristy, but there wold be some advantages. Where do you live, do you have any thoughts about the various areas in this region.