juliaoz01

Hi

We are at the start of our visa application and my partner has to do a welding assessment for vetassess - he is applying as a first class welder.

Has anyone undertook the asssessment and do they have any idea of what it involves, or what they are typically asked to do? It is more to remove the element of surprise than anything else!

Thank you! :biggrin:

Hi I took my welding assessment last December, nothing really to worry about .We were tested on MIG vertical ,MMA vertical up and TIG vert up. We were given plenty of time and practice runs to get used to the equipment, which was all in good order. It was all quite relaxed so nothing to worry about.Hope this puts his mind at rest a little.

Everything he needs is there apart from overalls and welding screen. Good luck

Hi,

You receive a reply within 2 weeks, yes it is straight forward. The IELTS (english test) was the most frustrating. Have you looked into that yet?

We have just submitted our life story to Department of Immigration through the Visa Bureau and awaiting their instructions before obtaining police checks etc.

Its been a lengthy process, but worth getting it right before submitting everything.

Hi

Yes, he has just booked the IELTS test for early march. Advice to us was to go and sit it and just see what happens. Ideally we need an 8 but a 7 would get us state sponsorship. I think it will be the most frustrating thing as well, but I am not allowed to go on about it too much, get wrong for being a nag! What did you need to submit to the department of immigration if you dont mind me asking? Is it about your relationship, work etc? Where abouts are you thinking of heading to? We are really undecided! We would love to go to Sydney but i dont think it would give us the work life balance we are after. So, we are torn between Perth and Queensland, most likely the sunshine coast but it all depends on job opportunities, assuming we are accepted of course!