Acknowledement - April 06

Guest Est

We had acknowledgement email from adelaide on 4 April - do any of you with similar dates have a CO yet? we are applying for 136 skilled not on MODL unfortunately. :( getting very very impatient!!

We had our acknowledgement on 11th April. Have done and sent our meds and our agent has our police check at the ready as soon as they get requested. We are MODL. On austimeline 2 people in front of us got their visa within 3 months! I wish they were a bit more consistant with the time they take to hand out visas. I am going absolutely BONKERS checking my e-mail every hour or so!

Yours very bored with the wait now, Beki :shock:

Guest sparky

Beki

There seems to be no consistency as far as time is concerned,it certainly does not seem to be on a first come first served basis even for people applying for the same visa type, i would love to get a job in the processing centre to find out what goes on in there.

I really really really feel for you guys waiting and checking emails,this was us up untill friday and the worse thing about it is that you can do absolutley nothing to speed it up,it will come when you least expect it,our CO told us on thursday she was off on holiday and would prioritise our case when she got back,we were gutted,next day we had the visa,whats that all about ,hubby said she was playing a cruel joke on us.Hang on in there it Will come.

Lisa,xx :)

Guest jordan
We had acknowledgement email from adelaide on 4 April - do any of you with similar dates have a CO yet? we are applying for 136 skilled not on MODL unfortunately. :( getting very very impatient!!

Hi our visa app was ack on the 3/4/06 136 modl . Our agent has asked us not to frontload our meds and to wait until they are requested. His hoping that we will hear something by the beginning of August. So want to frontload meds especially now we have sold our house, but August is not that far away.

Stacey xx

Hi Stacey. We are just starting to think about getting our house up for sale in next couple of weeks. We had a couple of agents around last week and also a couple are coming next week. We have our meds booked for 26 July at BUPA. We have rearranged this once, we were suppose to be have them at begining of June but deffinately getting them done 26. We sent our police checks to Adelaide two weeks ago.

Est x :D

When my application was acknowledged it said that the wait for processing was 4 - 5 months. We got allocated a CO and were requested to go for medicals 4.5 months later.

Sparky's right, there is no consistancy in how they process them, as Sparky and I waited 6 months, (no further info was requested from me and I assume from that it was a straight forward application). We didn't whilst we know that people got their visas within 3 - same visa and same skills?? We did everything ourselves and don't know if this made a difference. She's also right that there is little you can do about it which makes the waiting all the worse as you feel so inactive, helpless and at the mercy of someone whose name you know, but doesn't contact you.

The potential problem about front loading medicals or P.C's is that when your visa is granted you only have until 12 months after the date of meds or P.C's (whichever was the earlier), and not 12 months from the date of you were granted your visa. For us, we have to enter Australia by May 18th 2007 (date of medical), So if you front load, you need then to be in a position to go, house sold etc.

hang on in there ... Ali x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi all, our app was lodged on 27/3/06,136 MODL. We still haven't been allocated a CO either but have had police checks done and have sent them to agent and got the usuall dah de dah about not frontloading but went ahead and had meds done as well. This has turned out to be a good thing as oh has shown up as having raised BP(which I've spoken about in another thread). By having meds done early we now have time to get it sorted b4 request happens.

On the house front, we put ours on the market in april and have sold it twice but our buyer has lost their buyer both times once on the day we were due to exchange contracts, so again I'm glad that we put it up for sale sooner rather than later. All of this has kept us busy and given us things to think about other than waiting for THAT Email from CO. Even so I still check my Emails every morning as its the first thing on my mind when I wake up but from what I have read on this site I am NOT MAD :P this waiting game seems to have the same affect on all of us and its just something that we have to go through for the sake of this fantastic new life we have ahead of us. And if thinking this way does't help I have found that lots and lots of very chilled savignon blanc does (Australian of course) :wink:

Well its past mid day which must mean that the bar is open :!: :!:

cheers, Lesley

Guest sparky

Hi Guys

A point to remember if you frontload things you have to be willing to be in the country a year from the date you had police checks and meds done,once you have visa you can not get outdated checks re done,they go by the original checks.We got visa on fri 14th july and only have till 5th december 06 to get to Aus or they will cancell the visa,just as well we are going on 6th August but i know some people do not want to leave straight away and will end up having to take a holiday to validate their visa.

Lisa,x

Guest sparky

Sorry Ali, just realised i just repeated what you said.....Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lisa,xx :oops:

Guest Daceys

We had our MODL application acknowledged 27.02.06, still no sign of CO :cry:

No pain, no gain? Aghhhhh!!!!!

Al.

Hang in there - I'm sure you'll hear soon. We heard 4.5 months after application went in. Don't know if there are any panel doctors in Wigan, we used the one in Preston which was very good. Look on DIMIA website, there's a list of panel doctors, it may be worth you phoning and asking what the wait is for an appointment. We got request 27th April, but couldn't get in until May 18th (although there were 4 of us).

Ali x

Archived