Most lucrative crop

saren

Thank you snifter, i don't want a 2nd year, i just want to earn money, and i am on a WHV, in Australia at the moment and if it seems like i know a lot of about Ausralia digi, it

s because i am a very good researcher, and because i am inquiistive, and have photographic memory. I prefer not to pick fruits, it is a last resort

bigemo_harabe_net-163.gifbigemo_harabe_net-163.gifbigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Thank you snifter, i don't want a 2nd year, i just want to earn money, and i am on a WHV, in Australia at the moment and if it seems like i know a lot of about Ausralia digi, it

s because i am a very good researcher, and because i am inquiistive, and have photographic memory. I prefer not to pick fruits, it is a last resort

So what you are actually telling us in all your posts on this thread is that you are not really prepared to work too hard but wish to earn as much as possible.

Btw. I work in the horticulture industry (30 years) and many of my friends are fruit growers and if you think you are well informed I suggest you erase that photographic memory and start again.

Edited by furkew

I am willing to work hard for higher earnings, and certainly not willing to break my back for peanuts no! In the case of apples in tasmania, if the range is $50/day, i would never do it, however i would be willing to work hard, for higher earnings, $150/day, or more for example (also depends on how many hours/day, accomodation/food situation, etc..).

You won't earn money fruit picking.

TBH I'd just be hitting the employment agencies, looking round for jobs in your local area and so on. Be that waiting tables or working in an office or whatever else. Some people with skills in specific work find better paid jobs. If you are just wanting casual work then don't expect it to pay a heap.

Its interesting because a lot of people say dont pick fruits to make money, but then also i hear stories of $150-200/day earnings from a whole lot of other people. Then there is the abundance of picking jobs, however not so abundant non-picking jobs. if you divide 150/8, it;s about the same rate as minimum wage anyways, so it seems like a job at a kitchen/restaurant would pay about the same as a fruit picker, so what's this you will not make money picking fruit rationate coming from? I understand if it would be $50/day, but if its 150/day, then it works out about the same as any other entry level job out there, so what you makes you say pickers dont earn money?

• 3 weeks later...

Saren, I think you're a bit delusional. I'm in Sydney, been here 3 months, had a many casual jobs and looking to get my qualifications recognised to stay. I've looked into gaining my 2nd WHV if I need more time, and to be honest, most companies don't pay AT ALL, they just offer food and accomodation in return for the work and 2nd year WHV.

Trust me, you won't earn a lot of money picking fruit. If people were earning 150/200 dollars a day, the Australian's would not let the travellers do it, they would keep the best jobs for the Australians. That is the way it works here, and rightly so.

I think you're a bit delusional if you think Australians consider making $200/day worthy of a job keeping for themselves.

Thats approx what myself and lots of my friends earn a dayy.No we are not fruit picking we are in the real world doing a real job.Think you need to pull your head out of the clouds and see juxt what real people are doing.

My girlfriend does a very difficult job in Royal North Shore hospital in Sydney, for

$850 a week after tax (approx $26 an hour), you think she should leave and go to a farm and earn more, doing a very easy monotonous job, where the accommodation and living costs will be cheaper?! Grow up.

Do me a favour, go and actually research these jobs, then come back and apologise for being wrong. You come on here and ask for advice, people tell you you are mistaken, and you have an attitude problem over it.

Good luck with everything, I think you are really going to need it hahaha

I think you're a bit delusional if you think Australians consider making $200/day worthy of a job keeping for themselves.

hahhahahahahaahahah

Ive just finished on the farm after another 10 hour day in 30+ temps and although I am not your basic farm worker, the boys on the farm (that have worked for us for years) went home happy with probably no more than $25.00 an hour.

These boys work twice as hard as any backpacker, and have years of experience picking, planting, weeding, spraying etc etc. so they get the job done twice as fast without being told what to do, so do you honestly think an inexperienced backpacker that needs training and then pisses off after 4 weeks is worth more than $15.00 an hour??? Get real.

I think then your understanding of how much Australians make is quite low, $200/day is barely adequate. I've spoken to people who make at least $400/day, as well as a cook on the spirit of tasmania boat who makes $72/hour cooking for the crew, he works on a roster. However these jobs are usually unavailable, but still the assumptions you're making are quite limited. The good jobs are out there.

Where exactly did I mention my girlfriend was a Nurse??? Nowhere. Not everyone who works in a hospital is a Nurse.

Anyway, good luck with everything when you get here, I suspect you might need it haha.

Please pass on where these farms are where you will be earning that much, I will be straight there to work!

Bye :)

• 3 months later...
Its interesting because a lot of people say dont pick fruits to make money, but then also i hear stories of $150-200/day earnings from a whole lot of other people. Then there is the abundance of picking jobs, however not so abundant non-picking jobs. if you divide 150/8, it;s about the same rate as minimum wage anyways, so it seems like a job at a kitchen/restaurant would pay about the same as a fruit picker, so what's this you will not make money picking fruit rationate coming from? I understand if it would be $50/day, but if its 150/day, then it works out about the same as any other entry level job out there, so what you makes you say pickers dont earn money?

not too sure about the fruit picking rate but you do come across as a bit of a "fruit cake " ,did you come to Oz via the" banana boat" ? any chance of an update on these pick of the crop jobs ?