The waiting for case officer nerves: how do you cope?

craigyboy

As the title states, 'how do you cope' with the everyday waiting between visa stages: what's your secret and if you think it can help others, please share it.

Personally, I feel the whole Australian migration process takes over your whole life. Every waking minute it's there at the back of your head. Don't get me wrong Im not for turning back; and sometimes I think I'm becoming more pro australian than Kangaroo Dundee lol and I don't have a visa yet, or a kangaroo to care for lol. Nonetheless, it's an emotional roller coaster of delay, hurry, and expense with a whole lot of emotion thrown in.

How do I cope!!! by watching anything Australian to satisfy my junky addiction for knowledge of all things Australian, its a negative cycle I'm in: but that was ruined this morning on WDU when they stuck that daft bird and her two boys on to torment me and they didn't make the move and half way through it I realised it was New Zealand: nightmare somebody help I can't take the waiting any longer!!!!!

Edited by craigyboy

As the title states, 'how do you cope' with the everyday waiting between visa stages: what's your secret and if you think it can help others, please share it.

Personally, I feel the whole Australian migration process takes over your whole life. Every waking minute it's there at the back of your head. Don't get me wrong Im not for turning back; and sometimes I think I'm becoming more pro australian than Kangaroo Dundee lol and I don't have a visa yet, or a kangaroo to care for lol. Nonetheless, it's an emotional roller coaster of delay, hurry, and expense with a whole lot of emotion thrown in.

How do I cope!!! by watching anything Australian to satisfy my junky addiction for knowledge of all things Australian, its a negative cycle I'm in: but that was ruined this morning on WDU when they stuck that daft bird and her two boys on to torment me and they didn't make the move and half way through it I realised it was New Zealand: nightmare somebody help I can't take the waiting any longer!!!!!

Hon, I could have written this:biggrin:

I cannot remember the last time I had a decent night's sleep and I wake up each morning and my first thought is Australia. I often have dreams or nightmares about what the CO's decision is going to be. Like you, we watch anything that is Australian. Our folks do that as well, so we know that we have not lost the plot - quite yet!!

People deal with it in different ways. My OH is one of the most laidback people I know and even he has had his moments during this ordeal.

I just keep telling myself that if it meant to be, then we will go. If not, we will deal it as we have everything else in life, together, and will learn from the experience. It also helps that there are people on here who have gone through it and know how you feel or are going through it and can share their experiences. PIO really helps me as only our parents and our BFFs know what we are doing. We find it really difficult that we cannot talk to everyone about what our plans are. Our parents are really supportive, but they get frustrated with the process and are more than ready for us just to go now and get on with it:biggrin:

I thought life would be easier when you get a CO, but tbh, it's not, so I would not worry too much about being contacted yet. Some people never have contact with their CO.

Hang in there:smile:

I know where you're coming from on this, my original obsession was the TRA portal when I was waiting for my skills assessment (candy girl will back me up on this one). That though caught me off guard and came through while I was on holiday well before I expected.

Next obsession was state sponsorship, again that seemed to arrive out of the blue. With SS secured the invite followed so quickly I didn't have time to ponder over it.

Now the application is in and only 10 days of waiting for my CO meant not much checking of the inbox. My CO has been great at replying to queries so no waiting there either. :-)

Now all documents are in apart from our meds, that are booked for 2 weeks today, and a strange calm has descended. Nothing left to chase, nothing left to fill in, nothing really left to stress about!! The time is now filled by PIO, decorating ready to sell or rent and some kind of 'life'. Maybe after the meds I'll be back in the game, waiting for 'The Decision'

Guest littlesarah

I can still clearly remember checking my online application every day for the 9 months it took to get a CO! At the time my work had a 30 minute daily personal internet usage quota, so I would eagerly log on, but some days I had to use personal time for work & I'd be gutted to have to wait til I got home!

How did I cope? Selling the house, organising the move & chasing work were pretty distracting...

Good luck. I always remind myself that one day this time will be a memory.

I was convinced that the whole process was designed to be a strength of character test - is you didn't break down you got in lol. As strange as it sounds we got by with not talking about it much and didn't talk about it to work colleagues or family until we had 'real' things to talk about that were actually happening. We went on holiday and declared it an 'Aus Visa Free Zone' for the time we were away. My daughter started high school at the time and the teacher asked if she knew we were moving to Aus (we had our visa then) as she didn't mention it.

On another note - I found PIO and particularly the chat room (whilst having a glass of wine) great fun and and a great de-stresser.

Oh reading the thread brings back memories of logging into to the DIAC website. Knew the log in off by heart, and used to wake up around 5am everyday to check! It definitely took over my thoughts for a long time, and it was hard not to become obsessive about it.

In the meantime while waiting we sold our house, and starting sorting out the little things to make the move when it came easier!

I did e.mail the CO a few times although we were using an agent as I was so impatient!

Looking back now, it was just the first in many steps we took, but think the most stressful part.

Think it is because it is out of your control.

Donna x

If only they published some sort of report detailing who is being assigned this week....

theres not even a contact no we (offshore applicants) can use....

I always imagined that once I got my CO if I bothered them they'd put me to the bottom of their pile of visa applications

Hi all Guys,

Just wanted to share how survived and struggled.

Applied migration visa before 4.5 years and CO alocated just before 6 months. Many critic, magical, hectic etc things happend in this period. But still waiting for Grant. As everybody we do had sleepless nights, morning wakeups with curiosity, end up days with frustation, opening mails not less than 15-20 times etc etc etc.

Sometimes feel to write here in forum but felt everybody got their own problem and dont wanted to extra load them with mine. Sometimes even broke up like " why its always me" ( source Harry Potter). But the next day again wake up with fresh eagerness.

If you aks me how I am coping up I say now I feel , It become a practice because of repeated waiting and happening things and I used to it.

So, let us see how it goes in future...... till then:daydreaming:

cheers

I'm finding it hard to cope with waiting too! Got my CO on 19/12, got the PCC and medicals completed and confirmed as received by CO on 21/1/13 and have been waiting since.

Trying to keep busy by clearing the clutter out and decorating the house ready to sell but can't really concentrate on anything at work :wacko:

• 4 months later...
If only they published some sort of report detailing who is being assigned this week....

theres not even a contact no we (offshore applicants) can use....

see... that's the worst part.. and when you contact your local Australian high commission, they tell you to wait as they cant say anything about it