Child Visa 101 help please! Do we send documents off with application and fee?

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am stuck again....

We are WAY behind in applying for child visa for our new baby. Our visas run out Dec 2013 but we still have to get a visa for our little one. We have filled in the application form as best we can and are in the process of getting the documents all certified.

I am just trying to find out what we need to send off with the initial application form..

Is it:

Cert copy birth certificates for myself and hubby

Cert copy birth certificate for new baby

Cert copy passport main visa holder (eg OH)

Cert copy passport new baby

Application form and Stat Dec Form

Visa application fee cheque/credit card form

The medicals and police checks go later don't they? Also, is it originals and not cert copies for these???

Thanks for any advice on this. I am starting to panic as I have heard it can take up to a year to get the child visa just now :shocked: so I am worried we have left it too late...

I am not even sure how we are going to get to Oz but the clock is ticking now and it's this year or never. Can't believe our visas have nearly run out and we are still here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/101-checklist.pdf

have you seen the checklist?

As you need to back in to Australia by December 2013, it wouldn't matter if you sent the Police checks with your application, but you will have time to do these once it is lodged.

Have not heard recently how long they were taking but last time I noticed it was about 7-9 months. You can always travel out with the child on tourist visa, and leave for a few days for visa to be granted if it hasn't come through by the time you are due to go.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am stuck again....

We are WAY behind in applying for child visa for our new baby. Our visas run out Dec 2013 but we still have to get a visa for our little one. We have filled in the application form as best we can and are in the process of getting the documents all certified.

I am just trying to find out what we need to send off with the initial application form..

Is it:

Cert copy birth certificates for myself and hubby

Cert copy birth certificate for new baby

Cert copy passport main visa holder (eg OH)

Cert copy passport new baby

Application form and Stat Dec Form

Visa application fee cheque/credit card form

The medicals and police checks go later don't they? Also, is it originals and not cert copies for these???

Thanks for any advice on this. I am starting to panic as I have heard it can take up to a year to get the child visa just now :shocked: so I am worried we have left it too late...

I am not even sure how we are going to get to Oz but the clock is ticking now and it's this year or never. Can't believe our visas have nearly run out and we are still here.

Hi

we have applied for a 101 visa for our son back in sept was advised by our CO it would take between 7-9 months and would acutely take around this time as well, you can travel to oz before it is granted on a tourist visa for child just keep your CO informed of this if you were to do it then once visa is ready to be validated they would advise you to leave oz and re enter to validate the 101 visa, we didn't have to send birth certificates for me and my OH just one for our son which was a full birth certificate showing both mine and my OH names also don't forget to send in details of how you will support the child ie payslips savings etc, regard police checks we had to send certified copies of these but also the originals as well as advised by our CO which originals was then returned to us shortly after.

Hi,

me and my oh and first child all have full permanent RRV visas and they run out in oct 2013 I was told by phone by the CO that we can travel out on tourist visa for the second child and lodge the application there.

Better to lodge in UK, cheaper and quicker.

Hi,me and my oh and first child all have full permanent RRV visas and they run out in oct 2013 I was told by phone by the CO that we can travel out on tourist visa for the second child and lodge the application there.
Hi rupert is correct if you have the time it is quicker and cheap to lodge the visa in the uk takes 7-9 months but lodging onshore can take upto 14 months and also cost is more.