You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

cookieh

URGENT!! Lodging visa application, what's the format?

This may sound like a basic question but I am about to lodge the application for my Fiance Visa. I have all relevant documents and a whole bunch of supporting information such as a slideshow full of photos, skype call logs etc- this has all been printed out.

What is the easiest way to submit the documents so the authorities can easily process it all? As in, should I have a folder for all my things and a seperate folder for the sponsor documents?

Show I include the checklist? Do i need original photographs or will the printed copies do?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks x

we have just sent all ours via email by scanning the relevant documents and saving as Jpegs, these were sent to our migration lawyer though so Im not sure how you send them directly

I was planning on sending by courier as we need to include passport sized pictures and certified copies of everything. Did you apply offshore too? I dont have a migration lawyer, we are doing it ourselves *stress!*

Guest GeorgeD
This may sound like a basic question but I am about to lodge the application for my Fiance Visa. I have all relevant documents and a whole bunch of supporting information such as a slideshow full of photos, skype call logs etc- this has all been printed out.

What is the easiest way to submit the documents so the authorities can easily process it all? As in, should I have a folder for all my things and a seperate folder for the sponsor documents?

Show I include the checklist? Do i need original photographs or will the printed copies do?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks x

If by Fiance visa you mean the Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa, then just pile all your documents up in the order of the checklist and put a rubber band round them and post them off in one envelope. Scan any photos onto A4 paper to make life easier...put several per page...feel free to make them smaller. Photos don't really count for much...they just show you have met...so you don't need to go mad with them. Don't use folders, paper clips, staples, binders, etc, etc...these will all be discarded...the first thing DIAC will do is take your pile of paper and feed it into a scanner. Loose leaf paper is much easier...anything else needs to be dismantled, etc, and all the nice folders/binders/etc get put in the bin. DIAC also used to say on their website not to use staples for health and safety reasons as they are a safety risk!

Yes, use the checklist, fill it in and include it. Your Case Officer will be able to tell which document is your Birth Certificate and which is your Phone bill, so you don't need Post It Notes or sticky labels, etc.

Don't send originaql photos, they might not send them back. Copies scanned several to a page are fine.

AMAZING! Thank you so much for your help :)

Also, one last thing, I know they say that you dont need to complete your character (police) check or health check prior to lodging the application as the CO will inform when they need this but would it be a problem to send it along with the application if i have time to get the docs?

Guest GeorgeD
AMAZING! Thank you so much for your help :)

Also, one last thing, I know they say that you dont need to complete your character (police) check or health check prior to lodging the application as the CO will inform when they need this but would it be a problem to send it along with the application if i have time to get the docs?

It really depends on the processing time...you need to enter Oz within 12 months of your health check or Police Check...so if the procesing time is long, then you don't have much of a window after it to enter Oz. The PMV is only valid for 9 months from grant, so you will be moving across soon after no doubt, but they say not to get the police or health chceck done so you have more time after grant to move. It won't be processed any quicker having them done up front...this used to be the case, but the spouse/PMV visas have been taking the same length of time whether they are done first or not now.