BenAtherton1

Hi

My wife and I (both aged 27) are planning our move early next year (2014) and are currently progressing nicely through gaining our 190 visas.

We are at the stage of trying to decide exactly where on the map to try and settle and after much research, have both been struck on Yanchep.

I am a bricklayer, my wife is an admin assistant for the local council here in the UK.

To my understanding at the moment, Yanchep is quite remote, which we see as a plus, with several large urbanisation projects in the pipeline for the next many years. This in turn creating many localised employment opportunities throughout all industries.

Im basically after confirmation, (ideally from expats that are/have a similar age/working background as us) that my wife and I would find work relatively quickly/easily upon our arrival in Yanchep, thus helping us settle, and that the local economic outlook for the area (within the near future at least) is a bright one.

Cheers

Yanchep is growing, company I work for is building over 300 houses there from next year. Land corp have just sold a massive chunk of land off as well. Problem is you really need a car the bus service is intermittent. New woollies supermarket now open as well as a few others. Land reasonably cheap at jindowie. Like you said a bit remote and about an hour to Perth CBd. Up and coming are will be booming in a few years.

Yanchep is a beautiful place and is not that remote, being only a 15 minute drive from as of yet the most northern train stop at Clarkson, which will be extending to butler in 2012,( 10 minuets drive to Yanchep) with plans for the train line to reach Yanchep in the future, the seems to be plenty of building work at the moment, my OH is a brick layer and has had plenty of work so far.

Guest Guest26012

I like Yanchep and yes, it does have a certain charm! To the Op there are huge building projects going on up there at the mo. We are building at Amberton about halfway between Butler and Yanchep, well nearer to Yanchep. Then there's Alkimos, another's building project. Your wife may have to travel to find work though.