Child visa 101 help

Guest dannii28

Guest dannii28

Hi guys,

been a very long time since I have posted but I have been backwards and forwards for info!

ok so we got our PR 176(or175 state sponsored one lol) In 2011 just me and hubby. We activated in sept 2011 while I was pregnant with our little boy (found out about pregnancy after visa granted).

so we are having to apply for a child visa for the little man, which I have started now. My question is ththis do we have to activate his child visa within a certain period like we did ours or can we get his visa and go when we are ready?

to be honest we are going the end of the summer with any luck so might not make a difference but just incase don't want to have to enter by xxxx date and can't so lose baby's visa.

hope that makes sense?

hope someone can help

cheers guys

dan x

Hi Dan

We are in the same position. We validate ours summer 2011 then I fell pregnant. We didn't realise at the time that our baby boy would need a visa to himself and how much it would cost! I've just finished filling in the forms today:) Were planning on moving to Queensland in June. I think the visa takes 6 - 9 month to process. We were told by our previous migration agent that we can move out before the visa gets processed, but we will have to leave Aus for a few days when it gets processed....I'm assuming this is because it will need validating by entry back in to Aus? Have you filled in the forms yet? We heard that the police checks were done at a later date with the health checks, however the police checks are included on the check list of what needs sending off with the applications, so I'm assuming that info was wrong???

Not sure regarding the validation period, but looks like Rupert has answered that one for you :)

Guest dannii28

Thanks!

Rupert; we have not applied for child visa yet will be next month!

Turnersinoz; we could end up on the same flight hahaaa we want to go June, waiting on cash flow hahaaa i have the price being about £1k give or take a bit, is this with meds and police checks or just for that special sticker in ur passport the forms seem straight forward enough how did you get on?

Dan

Ha ha lets hope so ;) Just saw your goldcoast bound....us too...we've been looking at Pacific pines as a place to settle, but will be seeking lots of advice from here in the coming months.

My husband has been dealing with prices, I think he said about £1400, but could be wrong, lets hope so your price is more desirable, then the meds and police checks on top. I'll let you know when we send them off if you like?

The forms were OK once I'd read the guidelines, although I thought they could have done with some detailed guidance notes for each question. They also seem more designed around people applying from within Aus, so was difficult to know what to put for some questions. We did a statutory deceleration to state how we plan to support our child and another regarding joint parental responsibility. There is some posts on here which helped, but please get in touch if you need some help with yours :)

I need to get the police check forms sent off in morning so we can get the visa applied for.....can't wait to get out there it's been almost 6 years in the planning...I better like it ;)

Same applies for Child visa - validation within 12 months of earliest date of medicals or police checks (both parents will require another police check.)

Only difference is that medicals are requested at start of the process of maybe 3 months after you apply, if they are taking 9 months (last I read it was about 7 months but it could be slightly longer now.)

As this is an Offshore visa - it can only be granted while the child is offshore, so you need to keep your CO informed of your plans, and they will give you notice when you need to leave Australia so the visa can be granted. Once you return it is validated the same way as yours. Your child will need to enter Australia on a visitors visa, if it is not granted before you go.

Guest dannii28

Lebourvellec; great info thank you. Yes we thought we may have to take him on visitor visa and have a little holiday while visa is officially processed. this was the original plan for ourselves but didn't turn out as planned haha thank you again :-)

Hi guys just seen your post we are in the same process as yourselfs we sent ours off in sept 12 still waiting we were quoted from CO visa process would be within 6-8 months and wouldn't likely be any earlier then this, cost of visa was 1400 plus cost of meds and police checks on top, visa does require validation as Rupert stated same as your own visa, you can travel with child to oz but will need to keep your CO aware of this then leave oz and re entry when asked to validate. Applying offshore is quicker as well if in oz and apply can take upto 14 months now quoted by DIAC,

need any help with application just drop us a PM will help were i can.

Hi Sanders

Thanks for the info :) Can you please tell me when we need to do the police checks, do we send them off with the application or does the CO request them when they start processing the visa? Are you waiting in the UK until you get your child's visa?

Hi Turners

we didn't send them in with application waited until was asked CO which was only a week to two weeks after sending in application also asked us at same time for meds to be done and another information that they needed then gave us 49 to do these, yes we are waiting until visa is granted before going,

anything else you may need just ask will try and help