Courses for Nursing-Perth

wishfulthinking

I'm currently living in the uk at the moment but am returning to Perth in 2014. I have already got my citizenship. I would like to train as a nurse but think this would be best next year when I return to Perth. Does anybody know what qualifications you would need to get onto the course for either a registered nurse or an enrolled nurse, also what's the difference?

Instead of waiting around for the next year, I would like to go back to college to help myself to be ale to get n a course in Perth.

Any information would be appreciated.

I did look on the Edith Cowan Uni website but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Cheers

Hi I am trying to get on a course for nursing here in Sydney, now that the system has changed it is a degree course here, but I think in the uk they still offer the diploma until next year but not sure?. As I only have trade certs and night class certs not a degree I have started a tcp course at tafe (uni prep) but it is 18 months long so I applied straight to uni also and have to wait until Feb until the last round of offers to see if I have a place. But have since been told I will have to pay up front the fees as I am not a citizen yet so not sure what to do now!! The enrolled nurse course is just as expensive and you are not fully qualified and also get paid a lot less I think its a 2 year course, the career adviser at tafe advised me against going down that route. I have been at tafe for 6 months now and I do enjoy it,it has helped a lot in writing essays again!! but it just seems to be taking forever to get to where I want to be! hope this helps, my computer has gone loopy and lots of the keys won't work !! Julie