You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Wee kimmy

457 visa

My husband and i have sent all documents off for our 457 visa, so just waiting to here, whats the longest time anyone has waited to here about visa, i just cant wait to here if we are going to get it or not......and also wat reasons would u not get it?

hi Jimmy

I would imagine one of the main reasons for any problems would be if they needed extra info.

hopefully they won't. good luck

we are also waiting on out 457 visa...expected by the new employer by end feb so once they approve the visa its a systems go! how long they take is anyones guess...i believe between a few days and a few months

Guest Guest26012

Hi, ours was six weeks roughly! I would guess the reason it would be refused is if the criteria was not met. Good luck!

They now looking a police report!! How long would this normally take? My hubby has a drink driving offence from 10years ago and an assult charge from 7years ago, which we told them about on application just hope it dosnt go against us.... Should we be worried :(

They now looking a police report!! How long would this normally take? My hubby has a drink driving offence from 10years ago and an assult charge from 7years ago, which we told them about on application just hope it dosnt go against us.... Should we be worried :(

No not really. A police check takes no time at all, you can fast track it to a couple of days as well if you want.

Thanks Rupert, would hate for somthing that happen years ago destroy our chance of a life down under.

Once my nomination was accepted, mine took about a week and that was with a chest X-ray.

Nom Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA lodged as "Desicion Ready)

Occupation- Motor Mechanic

Hi Kim, yes it is a 457, are u dealing with it yourself or Migration agent?

Nom Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA Lodged 17/03/2015

Once my nomination was accepted, mine took about a week and that was with a chest X-ray.

thats fast! How long ago was it?

Just after Xmas, yeah was quick, mine was with a recruitment agent too, the company in oz I'll be working for, are a big company.

Nom Lodged 17/03/2015

VISA Lodged 17/03/2015