Murta

Oz plan could off the cards! Dilemma

Nothing really can be done but thought I would share dilemma for others

Need to activate by 29 aug -175 pr -me being the main applicant. House not selling so not seeing how can activate as was depending on the 5k profit to pay for flights. I may approach a family member to borrow it or we can go for a few days turn around and come back but awful for the kids.

our financial situation is dire, we earn two decent wages but all out on bills debt and euro crash ( both work in euro live in sterling) considered bankruptcy mainly due to the 200k negative equity on a home we couldn't sell , long story told on here before.

we got a big smack in the teeth last week when told that we are so eligible for bankruptcy but it will have to include my oh parents home which they have put in his name ! They are greek living there. So now there is no way we could do that. They said we could take a chance and they might not look there but no way too much risk.

never been so deflated and disheartened especially after scrimping and saving we to get the 5k to pay for the visa. I suppose we are looking to find the flight money etc so as to buy us time. Even looked at just us going and leaving kids behind for a week but don't think it will be easy if possible to get them new visas. So searching for cheap flights in hope of something changing.

so anyone in same boat I feel your dilemma.

IELTS 12.4.12 8.5 AASW Assessment SOCIAL WORK 4.6.12. 175:15.6.12 CO:14-8-12 MEDS 30.8.12

GRANT 13.9.12 Reccie Sydney Apr'13

Guest Guest 47403

Can't help but wish all the best with finding a solution.

Ah thanks Baz, hopefully there will be!

IELTS 12.4.12 8.5 AASW Assessment SOCIAL WORK 4.6.12. 175:15.6.12 CO:14-8-12 MEDS 30.8.12

That's such a shame Murta. You really do seem to be between a rock and a hard place.

Hope you are able to find a way to make it happen but most of all I wish you happiness whatever happens.

Cant you rent one out and live in the cheaper one, at least some rent is better than nothing. if you are so much in debt will another 5000 make much difference? You will then have 5 years to sort the mess out.

Thanks freckle face. Yes aj we bought one to move into when the other was for sale. One in n Ireland other in rep of Ireland, euro. The ni fell througt after the completion of the other was brought forward a year. . Surprise surprise I now know... This was in 2008'

so we scrapped the south move. Waited the year before we were allowed to sell, put tenants in and hey presto 235 neg eq euro.

Precession and wages cut andeuro sterling crisis... The writing on the wall.

So tenants rent covers third of mortga we pay rest 700 euro. North house for sale, maybe we could rent it too, but we will have to send alot of money home for the bills. Staying here is madness as we live to work, thousands coming in and but all going out on debt, we did it I know but the rest was bad luck. That's why bankruptcy seems the only way out, even if we stay. Now we can't I think.

thanks for you support

How many of you are there, I wouldnt usually encourage adding to debt but yours is such a large amount adding another 5000 instead of losing your visa wont really make much difference. Then you have 5 years to make your move, you may be able to sort some of it out in that time. You can just stay a week or less, am sure your kids will manage.

Yea aj we are two adults two kids. My bro may lend it to me as we cant use visa or incur anymore debtvas this be viewed as fraudaulant or the likes.....will keep searching down the back of the sofa!

just got quote there 3330£ let the games begin ha! The annoying thing is we are planning to head to oz for hol and can't getexcited a! Ironic. At least we have cousin who can't wait to put us up when there.

funny when one is in debt one is so vulnerable but it's the one time one needs balls of steel!

Is a catch 22 situation! Where in oz are you heading? Do you have friends or realities who can give you somewhere to stay to reduce costs???!

good luck in your venture

Vetassess stage1 21/03/11, Practical assessment 11/04/11, State Sponsorship 23/05/2011, 176 Visa Application 28/06/11, C/O Assigned19/08/11, Meds 05/09/11, Pcc requested 05/09/11. VISA GRANTED 4TH NOV 2011:jiggy:

Do you all have to enter Australia to validate the visa, or could just the main applicant enter, go to departures and leave again? That would obviously save you on the extra flights and the accommodation, but I don't know if it can be done.

ETA: Just Googling this, it seems that all applicants have to validate. Not sure what else to suggest to be honest, other than the money to validate wouldn't be wasted because it would give you another five years.

Edited by LKC

Do you all have to enter Australia to validate the visa, or could just the main applicant enter, go to departures and leave again? That would obviously save you on the extra flights and the accommodation, but I don't know if it can be done.

Everyone needs to validate a PR visa

Is a catch 22 situation! Where in oz are you heading? Do you have friends or realities who can give you somewhere to stay to reduce costs???!

good luck in your venture

yes gazesmith we have family and friends who are waiting for us with open arms, cousins lives there and another friend just immigrated so totally knows the score. Cousin will take some days off work so we have her car etc.

There is a way but it will upset the moral brigade! The OH parents house may be the only problem,why is it in his name? did he exchange money for this? If not you could probably gift it back or remove his name if it is joint as he has not actually paid for it( you would need to check this with a lawyer of questionable morals though). Then you stop paying both mortgages whilst collecting rent on 1 of the houses, you will get away with this for at least a year because banks are in no hurry to repossess at the moment they have far too many properties they cant sell either and its costly for them to repossess. Then once the repossession orders begin you declare bankruptcy and leave the country with some savings. Immoral maybe but is it your fault that you have huge negative equity because the governments and banks played roulette and lost?

All applicants need to validate their own visa.

If only one of the adults validate, then they could sponsor the others for a Partner visa (children can be included), or both adults validate, then Child visa.

It is alot easier to sponsor for a Child visa than a Partner visa, as you would need to provide a lot of evidence regarding your relationship. (Silly, since you only need a marriage certificate for the 175 visa).

How old are your children?

All children can be included on same child application, they will need new medicals and both adults will need police checks. Currently there is a 9 month processing time on these visas offshore, costs $2060. And will need to be validated in the same way, within the 12 months but medicals usually done about 3 months after lodging.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/child/101/

If you had another child before you left to go to Australia, you would need to get one of these visas anyway.

You have time before you need to get there, but defiantly get both adults to validate, you dont need to enter Australia together.

Sorry cant help regarding you house situation, must be very stressful, dont know if there is away of signing you OH house back in to his parents name? I dont know much about these things.

Edited by lebourvellec

What if the main visa holder validated (to give the extra five years to move), and the other visas were allowed to expire, I have no idea if this is allowed. That would give another five years to sort the situation out, and then surely a spose visa/children visa or something could be applied for. To be honest I have no idea, but I am kind of thinking that there is no guarantee that the occupation would be on the list in five years, but if the main applicant has a foot in the door, it might make it easier, although it would cost more in terms of visa fees. It would cost less now because only one person is travelling.

There is a way but it will upset the moral brigade! The OH parents house may be the only problem,why is it in his name? did he exchange money for this? If not you could probably gift it back or remove his name if it is joint as he has not actually paid for it( you would need to check this with a lawyer of questionable morals though). Then you stop paying both mortgages whilst collecting rent on 1 of the houses, you will get away with this for at least a year because banks are in no hurry to repossess at the moment they have far too many properties they cant sell either and its costly for them to repossess. Then once the repossession orders begin you declare bankruptcy and leave the country with some savings. Immoral maybe but is it your fault that you have huge negative equity because the governments and banks played roulette and lost?

colin I completely get the moral brigade thing and didn't want to put it out there but yes you are right. No money exchanged back and forward but the advisor said that they can check any changes in the past two years and see that this was done and the parents can be then be asked to return the property to my husband to be added to the pot of assets. Regarding the rent of the rented property here the bank is close to accepting just whatever tenants gives us (to be fair they have been supportive in their dealing with me) roi bank that is.

So many people intact most advise us to do that, but I am fearful of it all and the repercussions. We earn good wages and honestly hand on heart we spend nothing on ourselves, the basics on the kids and the rest on debt, so you advice may well taken.....have to the find that steel

thanks

Lkc and lebourvellec yes I looked into the options of child visa the Mexicali etc. it all boils down to the same amount of me money but more hassle to mess about with the visa etc.

so no matter what I have decided we are all going in July if even for a week, see the zoo if nothing else. The tickets will be the same as getting. New visas, and this will be done and dusted. Should my oh get a job he can then head back out set things up for us without worrying about main applicant having to go with him which is me and all that jazz.

Going to be positive (she says throu gritted teeth) we are off on a reccie in July....ha!

Lkc and lebourvellec yes I looked into the options of child visa the Mexicali etc. it all boils down to the same amount of me money but more hassle to mess about with the visa etc.

so no matter what I have decided we are all going in July if even for a week, see the zoo if nothing else. The tickets will be the same as getting. New visas, and this will be done and dusted. Should my oh get a job he can then head back out set things up for us without worrying about main applicant having to go with him which is me and all that jazz.

Going to be positive (she says throu gritted teeth) we are off on a reccie in July....ha!

It would work out the same and would be more hassle when you are ready to go. The validating thing is not cheap, we spent about £5k for 2 adults and toddler for 2 weeks. (most of that went on flights, accommodation and hire car).

One good thing is that it you can count your time when you first entered Australia to validated towards your citizenship resident requirement. Depending on when you finally move you may only need to live in Australia for 3 years before eligible.

That's great to know

Have you contacted the people you owe money to and tried to make a payment arrangement, the problem is if you are earning good money then they will think you can pay. I do know someone although they went to America, but they sold all their possessions and then went. Wrote to the debt collectors that hey would pay when they were settled. I lost touch so I don't know how it went for them

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Have you contacted the people you owe money to and tried to make a payment arrangement, the problem is if you are earning good money then they will think you can pay. I do know someone although they went to America, but they sold all their possessions and then went. Wrote to the debt collectors that hey would pay when they were settled. I lost touch so I don't know how it went for them

y moving 2 Melbourne we are strong communication with all the people and have come to realise that there is not support for people who are on top of payments but don't buy enough groceries for themselves! So we learnt now in recent weeks it pays to fall behind in payments, slowly we can imagine breathing. So we are now on this learning curve.

thanks

Any good suggestions of airlines ESP with kids?

I have nothing much to add to what has already been said---can feel your pain. But take heart---things can only get better and may be validating your visa could be a good start point. Wishing you and family all the very best from the bottom of my heart.

Don't judge even if you've walked a mile in their shoes. They haven't walked in yours yet!

Nothing really can be done but thought I would share dilemma for others

Need to activate by 29 aug -175 pr -me being the main applicant. House not selling so not seeing how can activate as was depending on the 5k profit to pay for flights. I may approach a family member to borrow it or we can go for a few days turn around and come back but awful for the kids.

our financial situation is dire, we earn two decent wages but all out on bills debt and euro crash ( both work in euro live in sterling) considered bankruptcy mainly due to the 200k negative equity on a home we couldn't sell , long story told on here before.

we got a big smack in the teeth last week when told that we are so eligible for bankruptcy but it will have to include my oh parents home which they have put in his name ! They are greek living there. So now there is no way we could do that. They said we could take a chance and they might not look there but no way too much risk.

never been so deflated and disheartened especially after scrimping and saving we to get the 5k to pay for the visa. I suppose we are looking to find the flight money etc so as to buy us time. Even looked at just us going and leaving kids behind for a week but don't think it will be easy if possible to get them new visas. So searching for cheap flights in hope of something changing.

so anyone in same boat I feel your dilemma.

put house back into parents name/ then consider bankruptcy. Is the house in country of bankruptcy? Sell it and take the parents to oz!!! Time to draw a line under this nightmare the only people you are working for is the banks. You put this nightmare behind you and start again. And moral brigade"kissyerarse" Edited by craigyboy

Good plan, think thats the best solution, your visa is safe and buys you the time to get things sorted, even if it takes most of the 5 years to do so.