Has poms in oz had its day

Jake max

I agree the site stats in terms of visits per day, unique visits, posts per day and the like are the important/relevant ones

Quoting total "membership", however, isn't. Every account that has ever been registered on here (except those you've closed at request) counts as a "member" and the majority of those are not active members, even setting aside the multiple accounts that will exist. So I don't reckon you should make membership claims when it comes to popularity, unless you're going to do it by the number of people who have actively posted/visited the forum in, say, the previous 3 or 6 months

No problems on that front, active members (defined as a member who has logged into the forum in the past 30 days) has doubled since Jan 2010.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen
Fine by me. As long as you guys stop chucking round "68,000" or the like. Just sayin'

:wink:

EDIT: You don't do it very often, in fairness

So shush then :tongue:

Fine by me. As long as you guys stop chucking round "68,000" or the like. Just sayin'

:wink:

EDIT: You don't do it very often, in fairness

Quite, it's not something I do chuck around as it's meaningless to me, hence whenever I post monthly or yearly stats updates on the forum (as I often do), I don't mention it. Visits/month, Uniques/month, posts/month and the like are recorded. Registrations/month are reasonable useful figures apart from when someone who shall remain nameless skews the monthly figure by creating 20 account to vote on a particular poll:shocked:

I'm sorry as a new member you feel this way, but for the last 9 years PIO has run successfully and grown in size. Maybe like Ali says this isn't the right forum for you, there are plenty of others out there, maybe tell us what your interests are and we can help you find one that you are happy with. :ssign15:

I've no doubt that the forum has grown in size. As I said, it must be invaluable to potential migrants planning on a move to Australia, and is a very good source of information and support for those people.

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to complain about over zealous mods on this site, and I will not be the last. It just all feels a bit like censorship at times. If the mod does not agree with what you have to say, they will remove your post. End of! It's all a bit Mumsy isn't it? Are there any male mods? This site could do with some, especially for the CTF forum. Just a bit of constructive criticism for an otherwise top notch site. The fact that my criticism was met by two mods suggesting that I leave the site, just proves my point!

You must be dumb or you would know exactly what I mean. 'Nigerian' has become, just as 'Hoover' is a catch-all word for vacumn cleaners, a 'catch-all' word for scams, nothing ****ing racist but you are right. Everyone is racist, sexist, homophobic - and there is nothing more homophobic and anti-women than the Church in Nigeria but of course someone like yourself only sees racism, and other prejudices in white people.

'Nigerians' is a generic term now. I got it even if others here didn't.

Guest The Pom Queen
The fact that my criticism was met by two mods suggesting that I leave the site, just proves my point!

No not all, just you have only been here on the forum a month and it's not the first time you have stated you are unhappy. If I wasn't happy with a place I would just move on. I can't see what makes you stop here if we are all so bad.

The mods do a damn good job and it's thanks to them and the members we have that the forum has grown so quickly over the last few years.

Yes we do have male mods, we have 3.

I've noticed a slight undercurrent of racism in quite a few of his posts...........

Define a 'racist?' Is it someone who detests the notion of 'honour killings', 'female circumcision', all other forms of discrimination other than 'racism?' I am sick of people defending various types of cruelty on the grounds that we should not judge other cultures and practices by the imperialist and colonialist standards of white, western democracies.

Just listening to JJJ talking to people who work at organisations controlled by religious bodies, who have to suppress their sexuality to keep their jobs. Is that at least as bad as 'racism?' I certainly think so, but, as I said before, try to be open about being gay whilst working in the Nigerian church and see how far you get.

As this thread has now veered off topic with the discussion turning to racism and sexism, it's now time for the thread to be closed.

NB: As per post http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/175519-has-poms-oz-had-its-day-9.html#post1936106982, this thread has been closed by a male moderator/admin and we'll endeavour to ensure that as per the afore mentioned post, female moderators know their place and are chained to the kitchen sink. :no: