309 Offshore partner visa , checklist / papers ?

Maxime Godrie

Hi everybody,

I am lodging my offshore partner visa 309 at the end of this month.

I just wanted to triple check my checklist of documents I have physically in the envelope and have a few questions ..

Checklist :

• Form 47sp filled
  • Form 47 filled
  • Certified copies of passports for both of us
  • Certified copies of birth certificate for both of us
  • 4 passports photos for both of us
  • 4 forms 888 by australians friends and australian family on my partners side, signed and certified by a third person
  • French police clearance
  • Uk police clearance

PAPERS FROM THE SPONSOR :

• Certified copy of birth certificate
  • Paper showing employments

EVIDENCES :

• Electricity bills with both our names on it
  • -Flat rental with both our names on it
  • Flat contract with both our names on it
  • Wedding invitation with both our names on it
  • Deposits with with both our names on it
  • 2 Gym contract of the same Gym
  • Some photos of us in France, Uk, Prague, with my family
  • 1 letter from sponsor to express love
  • 1 letter from me

Is this all and enough ? I can't seem to find something missing.

These are my few questions :

1 - Does the love letter have to be certified or something ? Or just on a piece of paper with our name and signature ?

2 - When are they going to contact me for the health check ? Are they going to book an appointment for me in my nearest hospital ? How does it work ?

3 - When you give the evidences, for example a renting flat contract, do you print the whole contract ? Or just the first page and the last page with signature ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there,

All seems ok to me, you are missing 'Written Statement from you & your partner' detailing where, how, when you met, what are your activities together, also mention future plans. This simply needs to be done on plain paper separately, write name, sign & date ...you are good.

1: Also if possible add couple of more letters from you & your partner, just take simple print out of emails, no need to get it certified. Print should show email address and ideally be recent ones but this does shouldn't really matter.

2: Don't know where you are applying from but it varies, for Low Risk country sometime they ask in few days or 1 or 2 months but again me not sure.

3: Na, I guess first page with contract details, both name written & last page with signature should go well.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

1 - Does the love letter have to be certified or something ? Or just on a piece of paper with our name and signature ?

Its fine just signed by you.

2 - When are they going to contact me for the health check ? Are they going to book an appointment for me in my nearest hospital ? How does it work ?

You need to wait till they tell you to. Same for police check. This is because the visa clock starts ticking from the date of whichever of these you have done first. Atm offshore is taking about 9 months and so if you do your police check and medical too early you may not have much time to activate at the other end. It states on the paperwork now to not submit either of those until requested or told to by your CO.

Atm the current wait time for a medical and police check to be submitted seems to be between 2-3 months. Your CO will inform you when and you can find the list of panel docs easy enough. You book the appointment and pay etc.

3 - When you give the evidences, for example a renting flat contract, do you print the whole contract ? Or just the first page and the last page with signature ?

We printed the entire contract and signed each page. In fact, all our supporting evidence, not including 2 years worth of my hubby's salary slips was about 75 pages all up. Another 24 pages for his salary slips. Covered the past 7 years or so for us.

Also, iirc its 2 passport pics for the Aus sponsor, not 4. And make sure your Aus stat decs are within the 6 week time frame before you submit.

And you need a certified wedding certificate if you are married.

Btw, your statement letters need to include things like where, how you met. When you began dating, milestones in relationship. Who does what in the relationship, household chores even, how you support each other, finances, emotional etc. There is a breakdown of the sort of things they want to see included. Mine was 3.5 pages of typed A4, hubby wrote 5 pages of A4 by hand.

We are not married, it is based on a Deffacto relationship.

I am applying from the UK !

I cannot see 'Written Statement from you & your partner' in the official checklist but we will do for sure !

@AussieGirlBay Sponsors passport copy, evidence of australian residency are done already, at the top I have written : For both of us :) But thanks for double checking

Well, I guess we are kind of good now !

About the payment, there is no more paper to give for them to take the money out of the account or something ?

Thank you for answering guys !!

@Snifter Thank for answering mate !

About the question 2 you answered about, should I not include my police checks then ?

Do you have a link to a website or something that actually says this ? I don't understand because it's written in the checklist so ...

What about the 9 months also ? Wasn't it 8 ?

Thank you Snifter !

We are not married, it is based on a Deffacto relationship.

I am applying from the UK !

I cannot see 'Written Statement from you & your partner' in the official checklist but we will do for sure !

@AussieGirlBay Sponsors passport copy, evidence of australian residency are done already, at the top I have written : For both of us :) But thanks for double checking

Well, I guess we are kind of good now !

About the payment, there is no more paper to give for them to take the money out of the account or something ?

Thank you for answering guys !!

Don't just go on the checklist. The statements form a big part of your application. There is a booklet that you can download and read (about 60 odd pages) that covers everything including the things you need to include in your statements. Do you have the Partner Migration booklet downloaded or printed off to refer to?

Re the payment

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_fees.html

We chose to pay in sterling and filled in the mandate.

When posting, make sure you send it special delivery via Royal mail if sending to the embassy. If you use a courier you need to send it elsewhere iirc. They will only sign for royal mail special delivery at the embassy.

And re the police check. If you've done it I guess you send it in. When did you get it done? As your visa clock will start ticking from the date of it. If you are waiting till the end of the month to send in your application and had it done say, 3 or 4 weeks ago, you could be leaving yourself only a couple of months to activate your visa once it is approved. Somewhere in all the blurb it does say about not getting them done till asked by your CO. I purposely held off getting mine as I read this. The reason they are doing this is to ensure people have adequate time to activate their partner visa once it is granted as the wait time has gone up from 6 months or so to around 9 months. And we can't have medicals ahead of application now as we require a reference code or some such from our CO to give to the panel doctor.

@Snifter Thank for answering mate !

About the question 2 you answered about, should I not include my police checks then ?

Do you have a link to a website or something that actually says this ? I don't understand because it's written in the checklist so ...

What about the 9 months also ? Wasn't it 8 ?

Thank you Snifter !

On the checklist it says

If already undertaken, you should include results of your

health and character checks.

From the Partner Migration booklet (page 20-21)

Police checks

When to supply police checks

If you apply outside Australia

You may need to provide this information when

you apply. You will be advised by the office at

which you will be lodging your application when

police checks are required. That office will also

provide you with forms and instructions as

appropriate. Contact details for Australian missions

are on page 11.

From the Aus immigration website re police checks - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/

'If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.'

Re the panel doctors you asked about, I dug up the links for you :)

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_health.html

The Aus UK embassy site is where you need to look for that sort of info

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas_and_Migration.html

Sorry @Snifter I didn't exlpain myself properly on this one. I should receive my UK police clearance in the next week, so before the end of this month, so hopefully it will match the timing as I want to lodge my visa at the end of this month.

I am french nationality so I already received my french clearance but as I am in uk for almost 2 years I needed this UK clearance.

When I send the mandate to the embassy it will be will all the papers right ? everything together

I did read the booklet I just go confused by all the amouths of things to do I think.

But as you can see I'm not too bad placed at the moment, no surprises papers to get !

When I send the mandate to the embassy it will be will all the papers right ? everything together

Yes. We put the mandate at the top of the pile and our application forms under it. The rest stacked under that. And included a pre paid stamped addressed envelope to get back any stuff they return. We weighed a bunch of paper at the post office, took out the application forms and stuff and went from that :cute: If we need to pay any excess after it is posted then we can do so easy enough.

Thank you very much for all these answers !!

Well , the uk police clearance is still in the police hands, they are processing it and i will , i hope receive it by the 30th.

Should I send it in with all the papers then ? As it's going to be done in time I guess ..

I haven't thought about that, what will you do in that case ?

Sorry to be a pain, but I guess it's my only last doubt !

Thank you again !

Hi,

After going through the papers we only just realised that the French papers I received like army discharge papers, clearance, birth certificate , passport certified photocopies have to be translated in English ? Am I right ? How many weeks does it take ?

Should I already send the papers and send the translation whem they are done or wait ?

Thank you for answering !

KR

Hi,

After going through the papers we only just realised that the French papers I received like army discharge papers, clearance, birth certificate , passport certified photocopies have to be translated in English ? Am I right ? How many weeks does it take ?

Should I already send the papers and send the translation whem they are done or wait ?

Thank you for answering !

KR

I can't comment on how long it will take to translate them. That's on you to find a company to do so I'd imagine. The migration booklet or some such will tell you what you need to know. I'd not submit them unless translated though as I seem to recall that being required.

ETA - I'd also not submit your application till you've gotten them translated and whatever else is required. If it states in the partner migration paperwork this should be done, then do it before submitting your finished application.

Edited by Guest

English translations

Documents in languages other than English that you provide with you partner category visa application

must also be accompanied by an accurate English translation of each of those documents.

If you are applying for a Partner visa in Australia and you are therefore having documents translated

in Australia, it is recommended that you use a translator who has been accredited by the National

Accreditation Authority for Translations and Interpreters (NAATI). Further information on NAATI is available

from their website http://www.naati.com.au

If you are applying for a partner category visa outside Australia and you are therefore having documents translated outside Australia,

it is recommended that you use a translator who is professionally qualified.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys !

Just a quick one to confirm something.

The letter that we wrote to prove our love to each other, does it have to be signed by a solicitor and approved ? Or does it just need to be signed by us.

Thank you in advance for your answer !

Signed by you is all. I signed and dated each page at the bottom, numbered them 1/5, 2/5 etc and then my signature at the end as normal.

You each have to write your own letter. It can't be one for the both of you. It has to be one from each, in that persons own words. And then signed by that person.

Hi Maxime,

When gathering your evidence for a partner visa you need to ensure you understand the migration law and what legal criteria you actually need to meet. In the case of partner visa, one of the main criteria you have to demonstrate you are in a genuine and continuing relationship and the Department assesses this in 4 broad categories: financial aspects, social aspects, nature of commitment, nature of household.

The written statement you are referring to is sometimes called a relationship statement, I recommend typing it as you want to be sure the case officer can read it.

Some Embassies allow you to organise your medicals before visa lodged and without their request letter, other Embassies have to send you the request letter before you can go to panel doctor.

Love letters themselves are not really useful, the Department is not interested in private content but rather proof of receipt/sending items by post, by email, phone calls etc to evidence your communication especially in times of separation.

Any evidence should always show your name and your partners name (where possible) and the address and dates of lease etc.

We have a range of efact sheets available for purchase that provide instructions, tips and guidelines about gathering evidence and writing relationship statements.

Please contact me for info as they have not been released to the public as yet.

This is general information only and not to be taken as migration advice. If you require professional migration advice and assistance you can contact me directly.

Thanks and regards,

Danielle