car loan

Brit Girl

Hi,

can anyone with financial experience give me some advice. I have a car loan which has $17,000 left on it with a well known company for 9%. i would like to go home to the Uk in 18 month-2 years time. Please can someone give me the name of some lenders who do lower percentage repayments so i can pay this debt off quickly so i can go home.

:confused:

Thanks

Brit Girl

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MarkDavidson

I think it is difficult to get lower interest on repayments. Last year I bought a Audi A4 on title loans from a vendor on 8% of interest but when I go to the vendor this year last month and asked for a whole loan repayment and he said that I have to pay more interest on repayment and I think this is a policy of every loan offering vendors that when you go for a bulk repayment then you have to pay more interest on remaining money.

I think 9% sounds like a good rate for a car loan.

I don't think you would do any better with an unsecured personal loan from one of the banks.

Unless you have a house where you can redraw your equity in which case you could get 5.75%to 6.5% or so.

But 9% is a good rate for a personal loan or car loan.

You will probably just have to sell the car.

The trouble with cars is they devalue quickly when bought new, so it might be worth less than your balance if you sell it.