Bridgetjonhannahdaniel

457 approved - I just checked the website!

Hi all

Have just done my usual daily stalking of the immi website and checked progress of our 457 visa app and it said 'approved 22/1/13'. No email though.

We submitted on the 10th Jan, got asked to reload the kids birth certificates on the 18th which we did within 5 hours and hey presto!

It really pays to get all your documents ready.

I am now dancing around the house... and will stick a bottle of bubbly in the 12" of snow outside...

Bridget

ps - should arrive mid Feb and hoping to live in Beecroft / Cheltenham area of Sydney. OH working at Westmead Hospital. ANy feedback on these areas would be appreciated.:biggrin:

Guest guest79615

did you scan your documents? and if you did, did you still need them to be certified? Someone said you don't if their scanned. Thanks and congratulations on your visa!! :)

Congrats!

This fits with the 1-2 week approval time for 457's we're seeing now. Often the grant email will come 1-2 days after the actual approval shows up on VEVO.

Mark Northam

Immigration Lawyer

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA (Acctg)

MARN 1175508

http://mnvisa.com | mark@mnvisa.com

did you scan your documents? and if you did, did you still need them to be certified? Someone said you don't if their scanned. Thanks and congratulations on your visa!! :)

Hi yes I did get the documents certified. We have a solicitors firm on the top floor of my office and I just took them there. He charged £30 (asked for cash and never gave a receipt - lol!) I then scanned them in. I think it probably depends on how fast you want stuff to move. We'd been waiting ages for the job offer and wanted everything in place to be able to apply and go as soon as poss!

i think you can get documents certified at the post office - but it was more expensive than the £30!

Colour scans of original documents should be accepted.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

This is the case for PR applications.