Cairns + Gilligans + sept?

Guest lulum1986

I had originally planned for Oct this year but I don't think I can wait that long now. I just want to get over there ASAP! I'm thinking more May/June time now. Been looking at flights and they r quite reasonable. I'll be heading over myself and I'm a bit nervous bout that but excited at the same time! Are u heading over ur self or going with other folk? X

Guest lulum1986

If I had enough money I'd do the same. U taking much money? U going to work? Yeh I feel the same. I'm going on my own. Excited lol. Where u from? X

I think i'll prob have around £2-£3k after flights are paid. Its not much but I want to get there asap. been desperate to go for ages and im pretty impatient lol. What about you? Hopefully I can go a month without working then get something after that. I'm from Glasgow - what about you? I'm really excited about it but at the same time im scared to bits ha!! x

Guest lulum1986

Well I'm gonna try and save around 5,000 but see how I go lol. U got a skill to take? Or u just getting any job? I'm from South Wales. Yeah same here so excited but scared to death ha ha x

I have backpacked in Cairns and Gilligans wasn't for me. I had heard too much about how much of a party place it was and that they gave out condoms on check in. I stayed at Travellers Oasis, a few minutes walk from Gilligans but rated 2 out of 78 speciality lodgings in Cairns. I loved it there, best hostel I stayed in in all of Australia.

http://www.travoasis.com.au/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g255069-d283866-Reviews-Travellers_Oasis_Backpackers-Cairns_Cairns_Region_Queensland.html

Im a Finance Manager in Glasgow and hoping i'd eventually be able to get something similar. Ive been looking on Seek etc and seen jobs but whether id get them is a dif question!! What about you? If I cant get a job in that area then i'll just take anything to get my foot in the door and try meet people in industries etc! Obxer7 - that hostel looks awesome and its got some cracking reviews! how long do you recommend to stay in Cairns for?

Im a Finance Manager in Glasgow and hoping i'd eventually be able to get something similar. Ive been looking on Seek etc and seen jobs but whether id get them is a dif question!! What about you? If I cant get a job in that area then i'll just take anything to get my foot in the door and try meet people in industries etc! Obxer7 - that hostel looks awesome and its got some cracking reviews! how long do you recommend to stay in Cairns for?

I stayed in Cairns for 5 days but I did a massive whistlestop tour of Australia....Perth, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne, Cairns, Brisbane and Sydney in just under 6 weeks. I loved Cairns but I was there in late July so the weather was a bit rainy. I went to Atherton Tablelands, Great Barrier Reef. It is definately somewhere that I would do back to. x

Sounds like you had a great 6 weeks then!! Cairns looks and sounds amazing but im thinking Sydney would be a good place to start....but then I wanna be in Sydney for new year...decisions decisions!!! Ahh!! I'm 24, 25 in June. What about you? I've just looked at that Oz Intro again and looks pretty good. xx

Sounds like you had a great 6 weeks then!! Cairns looks and sounds amazing but im thinking Sydney would be a good place to start....but then I wanna be in Sydney for new year...decisions decisions!!! Ahh!! I'm 24, 25 in June. What about you? I've just looked at that Oz Intro again and looks pretty good. xx

Hey

I am 34, 35 in June!! Myself and my partner are getting married in June and emigrating with our 14 month old daughter to Adelaide in July. I can't wait....kind of getting real now, trying to plan a wedding, immigration etc...where in Glasgow are you? WE are in EK.

Are you going on a WHV?

Guest lulum1986

I'm thinking exactly the same. Sydney looks a brill place to start but then new year. Ha ha thinking the same lol. I'm 26, 27 in June. It's so hard init. I prob will end up starting off in cairns though, gilligans. Wanna go to Whitsunday, Fraser Island, and Great Barrier Reef xx