Rental/ purchase stress- sound of thread. Lol

Playghirl

WE have been renting in Leichhardt, which as been going pretty well, until now. Owner is ending the lease as they want to renovate. Was 10 months on the waiting list for nursery- have to pay deposit this week. Ow have 2 months to find alternative arrangements.

I am a teacher and am on 89 k per year, hubby who has only been permant resident since End of July is self employed on about 75k. MY work is on the north shore and I don't drive so I couldn't live out west- and to be honest I don't want to. We just can't afford to buy in SYdney.h Ubby won't be able to until he has worked for a year in any case.

We have two children so a unit wouldn't really fit , we have loads of furniture....just ranting .....sorry!!,

Is the date on your lease up and its just not being renewed? or is the owner terminating your contract early? If the owner is ending the contract,just check what they are liable for as in QLD they have to pay your removal costs which may help you financially.

Have you spoke with the current agents to see if they have another property that may be suitable for you?

Good Luck and i hope you find something soon.

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...

Rj

I went for a walk down to Haberfield yesterday, you do get more for the money, and if I drove would be doable. thanks tho.:biggrin:

spent yesterday in the Peshing rain looking at the hundreds of other people looking at rentals. Not a fun way to spend the day!,