Hi, My husband and I( with our daughter) have been trying to move to Oz for the last year or so but unfortunately it is so difficult since he is 45 years old and cannot get a visa he has to be sponsored, He is a fantastic Carpenter he is always on the ball, we had a company also and he has 25 years experience but he hasn't been in work for over 2 years here. We would like to know if anyone has an idea if it would be too hard to get a 457 visa over his age or because he is a carpenter? also if anyone has a near estimate of how much would be need to get over please let me know.

Greatly appreciated

Kirsty.

thank you for your help

Speak to a Registered Migration Agent before you go any further, but there are no points given for 45-49 age bracket making it almost impossible to meet the 60 points pass make even for 489 provisional visa.

Age - 0

IELTS/English - would require 8 in each section to claim 20

Work Ex - 15

Qualification - 10

489 provisional sponsorship - 10

Therefore 5 points short, could only make this up with partner points if occupation is also on SOL 1.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/

The problem with 457 sponsorship as most employers would fail to meet the criteria to become a business sponsor.