UK or Oz based?

Guest Teemos

Guest Teemos

Hi all - what a godsend of a site - many thanks Tim et al.

I fell completely and utterly in love with Australia (and ocean swim racing!) when I visited in 2003/4.

I was absolutely gutted to leave the country and my goal in life is now to migrate back to Oz - somewhere I already call home and a place I think of every single day.

I have 3 questions which I'd be VERY grateful if you could all help me answer:

1. I've been told as an IT-bod, that I need (recently changed) 3 years recent professional experience and have set myself up to achieve this (5 months down so far!) Can this recent experience have any gaps whatsoever in it or can I include the previous 2 years experience I already hold from 2002-2003 (directly before I went travelling)? Always worth asking...

2. I have a migration agent in mind but am having difficulty finding any others (such as small businesses / individuals) apart from a few well-known web-based companies. Is there a register for migration-agencies based in the UK or who at least have an office here? 'MARA' appears to be Aussie-based companies only. The reason I'm searching for other agencies is because my current local company will not allow me to sit down with them face to face, even for 5 minutes to get the basic facts straight about what has become the most important, life-shaping goal I've ever had. I'd hate to be wasting literally my entire life when I could be doing more to get myself out there...

3. I've heard a lot of people on this forum mention that they've used migration agents based in Australia, quoting fees in A$ etc...are there benefits to using Australia-based agencies over UK-based equivalents?

I've read and re-read the DIMIA and ACS websites but...I'd like some advice on these points.

All help will be genuinely very much appreciated - 3 whole years seems like such a horribly long time away :(

All you Poms who're already there or on their way - CONGRATULATIONS - kiss the ground for me!

Many thanks

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all - what a godsend of a site - many thanks Tim et al.

I fell completely and utterly in love with Australia (and ocean swim racing!) when I visited in 2003/4.

I was absolutely gutted to leave the country and my goal in life is now to migrate back to Oz - somewhere I already call home and a place I think of every single day.

I have 3 questions which I'd be VERY grateful if you could all help me answer:

1. I've been told as an IT-bod, that I need (recently changed) 3 years recent professional experience and have set myself up to achieve this (5 months down so far!) Can this recent experience have any gaps whatsoever in it or can I include the previous 2 years experience I already hold from 2002-2003 (directly before I went travelling)? Always worth asking...

2. I have a migration agent in mind but am having difficulty finding any others (such as small businesses / individuals) apart from a few well-known web-based companies. Is there a register for migration-agencies based in the UK or who at least have an office here? 'MARA' appears to be Aussie-based companies only. The reason I'm searching for other agencies is because my current local company will not allow me to sit down with them face to face, even for 5 minutes to get the basic facts straight about what has become the most important, life-shaping goal I've ever had. I'd hate to be wasting literally my entire life when I could be doing more to get myself out there...

3. I've heard a lot of people on this forum mention that they've used migration agents based in Australia, quoting fees in A$ etc...are there benefits to using Australia-based agencies over UK-based equivalents?

I've read and re-read the DIMIA and ACS websites but...I'd like some advice on these points.

All help will be genuinely very much appreciated - 3 whole years seems like such a horribly long time away :(

All you Poms who're already there or on their way - CONGRATULATIONS - kiss the ground for me!

Many thanks

:wink:

Hi Teemos

Can only help by telling you to contact Ian Harrop & Assoc, based on Burford,Oxon and London.

We went to see them (Ian in the Burford office), great bloke

Have seen many others on other forums have been pleased with him too

http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

You will need to check as I'm not sure but I think anything to do with IT, you have to have a job lined up before visa grant.

Good luck

Carole

Thank you Orange and Cal. If these individuals can spare the time for even a brief chat then I'll certainly be calling them when the time comes.

Good luck in Oz and send it my love.

Archived