Salary question - how to value yourself?

AlloVera

Hi All,

I know salary is a very subjective thing for different industries and occupations but I could do with a view on what a fully qualified management accountant/finance manager with 6+ years experience might be able to get... I am applying for a job in Brisbane, they haven't given the salary bracket and they want me to divulge what my current salary is and what salary I am seeking so I don't want to under or over value myself! I've read on here that using a ratio of 2.2 is good so was considering doing that and adding 9% for super? Any advice is very welcome.

Many thanks

Maybe try and look for similar positions on seek.com.au or other job sites to see what salarys are on offer. I personally used 2.2-2.3 going to Aus and coming back here to the UK. It's worked out good both homes for my family and I.

saying that I would not have a clue what your role would pay.

Thanks, I have been surfing seek already, think I have an idea but always good to get thoughts from others if possible...

Just out of curiosity, I'm guessing by your PIO name that you wakeboard... My OH and I normally ride at either Grendon or Boxend park, don't suppose you have been there before? Not that many boat lakes or cables in the UK so thought I'd give it a shot as quite often it's a small world!

Hopefully someone in a similar occupation will see the thread and be able to help more.

I waterski, my mates called me wakeboard as its sort off/a little bit like my last name and we have always water skied and wake boarded behind the boats I've owned. I haven't been to those places you mentioned. You are right Hugh he places are few and far between. I did start skiing again with some work colleagues at the back end of last summer. We ski in a farmers lake/dam near Shrewsbury. It's ok as it's slim pickings, its good to get into it again, I had only skied I think twice since 2006.

Hi All,

I know salary is a very subjective thing for different industries and occupations but I could do with a view on what a fully qualified management accountant/finance manager with 6+ years experience might be able to get... I am applying for a job in Brisbane, they haven't given the salary bracket and they want me to divulge what my current salary is and what salary I am seeking so I don't want to under or over value myself! I've read on here that using a ratio of 2.2 is good so was considering doing that and adding 9% for super? Any advice is very welcome.

Many thanks

I would be interseted in the answer to this question too. I'm hoping to move to Brisbane in sept13 and will be looking for similar roles.

From looking on the web i've seem anywhere from $60,000 to $100,000.

AlloVera, can i ask if you are applying from within Australia? Also does there seem to be many jobs around in this area? I've look on recruitment websites but its difficult to guage how many jobs are actually about as some will be just advertising to get your CV on their database.

Goodluck