WHV in October 2013

BB88

I've finally taken the plunge and gone and booked my flights. Monday 7th October 2013 from London to Melbourne. WHV was granted this morning. Buzzing!

Anybody else heading out at this time?

I should have about enough cash for my travels, so I can do all the things I want to do, and fall back on work if need be.

Edited by BB88

• 2 weeks later...

im thinking going out that time off year. will be traveling alone would be cool to meet up with someone to travel out with. i would like to be in sydny for xmas and ny?

i haven't booked any flights yet was just waiting to see if anyone was going the same time as me.

scribble bk if ya fancy it buddy,

im thinking going out that time off year. will be traveling alone would be cool to meet up with someone to travel out with. i would like to be in sydny for xmas and ny?

i haven't booked any flights yet was just waiting to see if anyone was going the same time as me.

scribble bk if ya fancy it buddy,

Hi Daviboy,

I am also heading out on my own. I was planning on Sydney for Christmas and New Years Eve as well!

Get the flights sorted! Where you thinking of flying from?

Cheers,

Ben

Not sure yet buddy. I live in County Durham but will fly out from anywhere really.

I'm on the last month of my tenancy then moving bk to my parents to save up the funds. So it's going to be beginning of march when I book my flight.

Whee are you thinking of flying from pal? Where do you live?

Cheers Dave

Not sure yet buddy. I live in County Durham but will fly out from anywhere really.

I'm on the last month of my tenancy then moving bk to my parents to save up the funds. So it's going to be beginning of march when I book my flight.

Whee are you thinking of flying from pal? Where do you live?

Cheers Dave

Best way to save is living at home :)

I'm flying from London. I'm based in Devon.

Best way to save is living at home :)

I'm flying from London. I'm based in Devon.

it is indeed, if i save from next month and sell my Yamaha r1 just before i go i should be looking at bout 8k after flights ect,

but i would travel to London to fly out no bother,

if you happen to book your flight before i get chance, keep me in the loop and i will see if i can grab the same flight, two heads are better than one. lol

i will keep you informed on me plans buddy, take it easy pal.

it is indeed, if i save from next month and sell my Yamaha r1 just before i go i should be looking at bout 8k after flights ect,

but i would travel to London to fly out no bother,

if you happen to book your flight before i get chance, keep me in the loop and i will see if i can grab the same flight, two heads are better than one. lol

i will keep you informed on me plans buddy, take it easy pal.

I've already got mine booked. Fly out on the 7th!

Im thinking of going end of september or start of october. Wont have much money though so need to wrk quite a bit over there! Going to apply for a visa n book flights in march :)

Cool man. Where you from? Where you thinking of flying from. Am gonna be booking me flight early/mid march. Should all hook up man, work out cheaper for accommodation ect. What you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys,

I'm hoping to head out to melbourne in Oct, I have no info, just putting all my trust in my big sister! Visa granted and gonna book flights nearer the time. pretty nervous like x

Congrats on the Visa Grant. Get them flights booked! Where you thinking of flying from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i'm also looking to book for end of Sept, but flying to Brisbane as got family living near there. Hoping to venture around on my own after a few weeks / month and hopefully done to Sydney for NYE.

Is anyone else freaked out about the whole idea of going alone/ leaving everyone behind?

Don't be freaked out!! There are loads in the same boat. I travelled on my own (can still feel the excitement of being on that plane (and the guy sitting next to me on the plane thinking I was a freak!!) and then in my second year I met up with a few friends for a while. I can honestly say I had a better time on my own!! You speak to more people - well, you have to really!! As I'm not particularly outgoing, it did wonders for my confidence. I didn't even think about anyone I left behind. I actually felt guilty about the lack of communication I had with friends and fam back home! I just made sure I threw myself into whatever came my way. Had a blast and have suggested everyone I meet to go on a WHV! It should be made compulsory I reckon! Happy travels guys :)

Don't be freaked out!! There are loads in the same boat. I travelled on my own (can still feel the excitement of being on that plane (and the guy sitting next to me on the plane thinking I was a freak!!) and then in my second year I met up with a few friends for a while. I can honestly say I had a better time on my own!! You speak to more people - well, you have to really!! As I'm not particularly outgoing, it did wonders for my confidence. I didn't even think about anyone I left behind. I actually felt guilty about the lack of communication I had with friends and fam back home! I just made sure I threw myself into whatever came my way. Had a blast and have suggested everyone I meet to go on a WHV! It should be made compulsory I reckon! Happy travels guys :)

Sounds like you had a good time! A few years ago (mainly before I went to uni) I kept getting temptations to go to Aus, but never bothered... but I think it was about Wednesday when I was staring at my computer at work thinking fml. Now suddenly i'm booking flights on my own!

I just hope I manage to make some sort of drinking buddies or I will be a serious loner haha.

Sounds like you had a good time! A few years ago (mainly before I went to uni) I kept getting temptations to go to Aus, but never bothered... but I think it was about Wednesday when I was staring at my computer at work thinking fml. Now suddenly i'm booking flights on my own!

I just hope I manage to make some sort of drinking buddies or I will be a serious loner haha.

I'm sure you will be fine. Lots of people seem keen on the drink front out and about on the hostel trail.